Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    HP, down nearly 20%, is the worst performing stock in the Dow Jones Industrial Average this year...HP: Can 2010's worst Dow stock recover in 2011? - The Buzz - Dec. 17, 2010
    So now that it's down.....maybe it's time to buy???
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Interesting thing is that the stock went down in July, the same month the Palm deal closed. Almost as if it looked bad to stockholders.

But it really went for a tumble after Hurd left, and after they bought 3PAR (of course, spending $3B on two companies, 3PAR and Palm, probably put the shareholders on edge a bit.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    So now that it's down.....maybe it's time to buy???
    Exactly. Buy it now at $42/share and sell it after the PalmPad comes out (among other things) for probably $45+/share
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    and don't forget about the 1.5B spent on ArcSight and everything else they did this year
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-ge...rk-knight.html
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    Interesting thing is that the stock went down in July, the same month the Palm deal closed. Almost as if it looked bad to stockholders.

But it really went for a tumble after Hurd left, and after they bought 3PAR (of course, spending $3B on two companies, 3PAR and Palm, probably put the shareholders on edge a bit.
    The drop was in August, when Hurd left. Went from 46.30 to 40 in a few days. It's dropped lower since then, and somewhat recovered, but has never recovered to pre-Apotheker levels. July 1st the stock price was 42.89. By July 31st, it was even higher by over $3. I think the problems right now are mostly due to investors being unsure about Apotheker. I bought in soon after Hurd left, expecting the stock to recover after the investor "shock", but it's disappointing to see it still trudge along.