Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    I have unlimited data usage with AT&T. I have heard two different things about what drains my battery. 1) I have been reading threads on precentral, and many have mentioned that using wifi does not cause your battery to drain as quickly. 2) On the other hand, I spoke to a few people at AT&T, and they all said that using wifi will cause my battery to drain much faster.

Which is true?
    the biggest drain is the 3g radio. The easiest indicator is what makes your phone feel hottest when you hold it... Because heat is generated by the battery using its charge.

the gps radio is also a power suck. Have you read any of the threads on power saving tips? I can track down a link later if you need it.
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Thanks. I am reading up on power saving tips. I really like my palm pre. However, my biggest complaint is that the battery never seems to make it through the day.

I was prompted to post because AT&T reps told me that using wifi is one thing that drains the battery. Yet, I have read posting on here that say just the opposite. So, I wanted to get some clarity on that contradiction.
    I use the auto gps enable & disable GPS for maps patch and it seems to work(for that reason)
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    You will always get conflicting posts. I do not think anyone knows the answer 100%.
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    if the wifi radio stays on when you aren't connected to a wifi hotspot, it will keep searching and drain the battery. Turn it off when you aren't using it, and make sure you have it set to sleep when the screen sleeps.
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Wow, I am learning so much on this forum. SO, how do I set it to sleep when the screen sleeps?
    it should be the default. Check it in the wifi settings app on the third launcher page. Or "just type" wifi and tap the icon for the app when it appears.
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    it should be the default. Check it in the wifi settings app on the third launcher page. Or "just type" wifi and tap the icon for the app when it appears.
    Found it. Mine was not set to sleep. Thanks.