Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I just got my Palm Pre and want to transfer all my stuff from my Blackberry. Finally got everything backed up to Outlook 2010. My Pre is 1.42, so I downloaded DTA 1.e. I go to sync and the computer says OK - I look at the phone and it's stuck at trasferring data-341of 2195 Calendar events. I then waned totransfer it all to google, but only a few things show up.

HELP!!!
    Not sure what you are asking. But, it's good that you have put it in Outlook because that gives you the most options for migrating to something else, such as Google, Hotmail, etc.

I'm not a big fan of the DTA. Are you trying to use the DTA to move it to Google? If so, you could simple export from Outlook directly to gMail.

And it's possible to take quite awhile to "transfer" a large number of records. A direct export/import would definitely be quicker. When I use Pocket Mirror to Sync about 3,000 contacts with my phone the first time, it takes more than an hour. Obviously updates happen within a few seconds after that. The initial sync is doing a lot more than just copying. If you just export from Outlook and Import to gMail, that is more of a "copy" and will be much faster. Once it is in an on-line account, you can sync with your phone quickly.

The Pre will have limits on how far back it will sync email or calendar stuff.

Does any of that address your question?
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I ended up taking out the battery and re-doing it. Everything but te calendar was transferred (2x).

Tried to export fro mOutlook, but exportin to gmail doesn't seem to be a choice. What am I missing?

Also, the calendar is frozen - I open it up and it just shows me a blank page - I can't scrool up or down
    Last edited by dpkass; 12/18/2010 at 06:59 PM.
    export as .csv or other format that google can import.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    OK - it synced the calendar perfectly to google, but not to the Palm - I even go into Palm and hit sync now,but nothing happens. The calendar shows today at todays time - it wont scroll up or down - kinda frozen/
    in the google calendar you have to enable it for mobile. It will send you a text to validate from your phone and then it will work.