Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Okay. I have been wondering for the past few days.. Do I need to turn on Data Usage to send MMS? My old Nokia phone can send mms without the need to be connected all the time using GPRS (I presume).

I have manually set my APN settings correctly but still can't send or receive any mms. (I also don't like how webOS doesn't display and status bar of sending activity)

I have the searched the forums and found that MMS indeed doesn't work but was wondering my my Nokia can do it.

I don't have the budget or plan for a 24/7 data plan runnning always. But I still hope to get the MMS receive/send capability. I love my Pre Plus! hoping an mms workaround seals the deal.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    it works fine unless you want to send a pic message. I have mine off most of the time.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    So with my old Nokia Phone this is what happens

1. I compose an MMS, attached pictures, audio or video.
    2. Send it and check out the blinking arrow in place of the antenna icon on the signal bar turning into a blinking G, which means connecting to gprs.
    3. after sending the gprs connection turns off and I only get charge cheaply! I did not connect to any highspeed 3G just to send that mms.
    SMS uses the same service your phone does for calls and such, however, MMS requires a data connection.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!