1.    #1  
    I've got some mysterious app icon that has shown up within the last day or so. I'm hoping someone may be able to shed some light on what it is.

When I select it, it does nothing but highlight for about 4 seconds, but nothing ever opens up. There is no name beneath it like all the other app buttons. And I can't seem to find an app name that might correspond to it in my software list.

I've (tried to) attach a screen shot. It's the very last app icon (moon being ecclipsed by a dark planet).

Can anybody tell me what this is?
    Did you install the advanced launcher prefs patch recently? Im not 100 percent sure but if I remember right, this patch unhid some launcher stuff and I THINK that is not an app but something needed for something else to run. If thats the case you can just hide it.
  3.    #3  
    how do you hide an app? Especially one that won't respond when it's clicked on, and has no name?
    What do you get when you option+tap the icon?
  5.    #5  
    says v1.0.0 by Unknown
    It doesnt give you an option to delete or anything?
    I think it may be the dreaded phantom app:

http://forums.precentral.net/general...ml#post2142059
    Do you by chance have (or have had) LaunchPoint installed? When a LaunchPoint loses sync with its contact photo, it displays a generic image as you describe. If it also loses sync with the corresponding phone number or e-mail address, it will act like a phantom app.
  9.    #9  
    yeah, there is an option to delete. I'm guessing I should.
    That icon is a default icon that's part of the developer package.
    From a terminal window, type the following commands:
    cd /var
    cd palm
    cd data
    cd com.palm.appInstallService
    rm installHistory.db
    press orange + SYM + R to reboot
    do that and it should remove the problem app.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrolf View Post
    From a terminal window, type the following commands:
    cd /var
    cd palm
    cd data
    cd com.palm.appInstallService
    rm installHistory.db
    press orange + SYM + R to reboot

What's a "Terminal Window"?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Dhaus View Post
    What's a "Terminal Window"?
    Goto preware and dwnload the app called "terminal" start it up and enter the commands ib the previous post

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  15.    #15  
    Well, whadda-ya-know... It seems to have just dissappeared all on it's own. I did a Preware update (prior to installing the Terminal app), then after installing Terminal and preparing to go run the sequence Hrolf recommended I noticed that the mystery app had vanished.

Thanks for you're help anyway guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Renderhaus View Post
    Well, whadda-ya-know... It seems to have just dissappeared all on it's own. I did a Preware update (prior to installing the Terminal app), then after installing Terminal and preparing to go run the sequence Hrolf recommended I noticed that the mystery app had vanished.

Thanks for you're help anyway guys.
    Glad we could help?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums