Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Well, so I've changed my SIM card and found that the palm profile doesn't actually sync it nor does the phone itself store those contacts. Thus, I followed these instructions to copy my contacts off:

Export all your contacts | PreCentral.net

I've gotten the PmMigration.vcf file.

I then change my SIM card and wonder... how do I import it back?! Same device btw.

It's also quite annoying how I can't copy my SIM contacts to the palm profile or the phone itself. (I searched about that issue, no direct solution?)
    Last edited by Fatfool; 12/21/2010 at 10:43 AM.
    I suggest you import them into a gmail or yahoo account. That way you can access them over the web as well as from your phone.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I suggest you import them into a gmail or yahoo account. That way you can access them over the web as well as from your phone.
    Erm pardon me if I sound somewhat old fashioned but I don't really like...putting information like that anywhere on the net. (even though I'm supposed to be the only one with access to it) Sort of a privacy issue. That's why I prefer to store/backup such information locally.

as you can guess, I don't use facebook.

Syncing it onto the palm profile is actually a little iffy as well but at least, you need a palm pre or pixi to access it unlike gmail or yahoo.
    I agree with you. I sync my contacts with outlook. I use pocket mirror. They have a trial period that is fully functional. Also companionlink is similar.

Here is something written for people wanting to sync to their PC as they did with their Treo/Centro devices:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...-their-pc.html
    @OP email the file to yourself and tap on the attachment it should open the contacts app and ask to import
    OMG... I'm gonna frame this one! Cantafford it suggesting to put personal stuff in the cloud! Wow. Has hell now frozen over??? lol
    I wouldn't call phone numbers personal or emails addresses for that matter
    What are you guys doing on the internet?
    Y'all must be 80.
    At least!
    when did they start saying y'all in the frozen tundra?
    when did they start saying y'all in the frozen tundra?
    Okay...that's funny! (maybe someone should make a patch that types "y'all" every time you type "u").
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    I wouldn't call phone numbers personal or emails addresses for that matter
    That's because most people are facebook whores these days.

Email addresses, facebook accounts, phone numbers can all create a web of linkages allowing a person to be identified. Cops do it, 4Chan does it.
    Last edited by Fatfool; 12/17/2010 at 03:39 AM.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    @OP email the file to yourself and tap on the attachment it should open the contacts app and ask to import
    OMG! MASSIVE THANKS!!!

It's so simple... why didn't palm just allow it to be done with an import/export option somewhere.

*facepalm.

Well, of course, palm also decided to leave out the ability to delete multiple contacts in a single action....