Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I noticed something comforting today as I strolled into my local burger joint. As I was picking up my to-go order, a gentleman politely states, "is that a Palm Pre in your hands?" as he's standing there holding his proudly. I responded saying, "yes, but you don't see vary many people out there with the Pre often."

We had a brief chat about the dissapointment of Sprint not carrying the Pre 2, and as he was an original Pre owner, he was holding his breath like me for CES.

It reminded me, as a Jeep owner, how Jeepers will instinctively give a nod or a peace sign as you drive by eachother. Sort of an acknowledgement of being in a special, or elite club. It felt good to know I wasn't alone on an island with hopes of this diamond in the ruff (WebOS) gets refined to perfection and displayed for amazement.

In the meantime, I'm just glad to be apart of a community that recognizes eachother for their commitment and dedication to a worthwhile product like the Palm Pre and WebOS... For however long that lasts.
    Cool story, hopefully it'll have a happy ending (with CES annoucements)

It's funny when I'm out in public and I hear the Pre ringtone go off, right away I'm thinking in my mind 'oh there goes a fellow Pre owner'
    Mobile HotSpot At&t
    you should always ask what their PC member name is. This is the ultimate social network!
    I saw someone using a Pixi, today.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I've never seen Jeep owners do something like that, but people who ride motorcycles generally give a little wave when they pass.
    I love my pre and every jeep I ever owned. Hoping to get a new or slightly used one soon. And a pre 2 on sprint to replace my launch day pre.
    My ex drove a jeep and the same thing would happen when he was driving, other jeep drivers would wave at him or something and I thought it was odd but I understand it now. And I see so many motorcyclists do the same thing.
    Not just Jeep owners... all enthusiast car brand owners do that! There are only 5000 examples of my car in this country, so when we see each other, we always make it known somehow!
    I've seen a quite a few Pres and Pixis on my university campus, I was surprised.
    So here is one that you will appreciate.
    I go in to my local Radio Shack the other day asking about my sprint upgrade...
    So the manger pulls out her Sprint Pixi and tell me how much she likes it etc... and is bummed that Palm no longer has anything for her to sell.
    I drive a Chevy Blazer. We always nod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Res215dg View Post
    It's funny when I'm out in public and I hear the Pre ringtone go off, right away I'm thinking in my mind 'oh there goes a fellow Pre owner'
    You've been in public and heard the Pre ringtone? I've never heard it outside my own phone and my Friends who I brought over. And that was the first ring, because after that I and everyone else I know immediately loads their own ringer.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    i love my jeep and my pre
    I find it odd, that in this time of declining webOS market share, I see more Pres in the wild then back a year ago. Oddly enough, they are all Sprint Pre - phones and not Vzn or ATT.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    I find it odd, that in this time of declining webOS market share, I see more Pres in the wild then back a year ago. Oddly enough, they are all Sprint Pre - phones and not Vzn or ATT.
    Samsung Kinda did it right by releasing similar phones with different names/form factors on different carriers. By the time the Pre plus made it to At&T the pre, even plused, felt old.
    Harley Riders are the best at the whole "Harley" recognition thing. I would love to see more webOS users out and about. I show mine off every chance I get.

I met a gentleman the other day who said he had a Pixi on Verizon. I asked him how he likes the Mobile Hotspot and he replied with "what's that". So I educated him. He was thinking of switching until I showed him all his phone could do and encouraged him to wait for the Pre 2 or something even better on Verizon following CES.

EDIT: my wife drives a Jeep as well.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    We need a riff on those Jeep stickers:

"You Wouldn't Understand, It's a Jeep/Pre Thing!!"

I love it when I see the Jeep version upside-down.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    I heard the Pre ringtone the other day at a restaurant. Looked at where it was coming from, appeared to be a 40s mom looking person. All I could think was "maybe Verizon's mom campaign actually snagged one"

Oh and a nod for any other VW drivers around here (particularly the TDIs).
    Quote Originally Posted by BoraWare View Post
    I heard the Pre ringtone the other day at a restaurant. Looked at where it was coming from, appeared to be a 40s mom looking person. All I could think was "maybe Verizon's mom campaign actually snagged one"

Oh and a nod for any other VW drivers around here (particularly the TDIs).
    Ummmm...excuse me?

There are plenty of us moms, in that age range, that use the Pre!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I hope you aren't putting yourself in that age range verwon because I was thinking you were in your early 30's, like 32. Anyway, I haven't seen many people around here with a Pre except my best friend and she is the one who turned me on to them. :P If I heard the Pre ringtone, I don't know if I would be brave enough to go up to that person and start talking to them about it...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast