1.    #1  
    I go to sprint with my phone and the pre.

Here I want this (holds up old phone) to go to this (holds up pre).

Great the cleark says, gathers my info, scans the pre's bar code, does a little keyboard typing MAGIC I now own a pre

I play with it at work ssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Go home thinking I am the king hell I can build a PC adding stuff to this should be a breeze?

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mistakenly using the web doc software am now back to create a profile and "you must be connected to your wireless......." after trying to sign in

So I think I know the answer? Back to sprint and start over?

Any recovery option after my own major screw up?
    It means that it isn't detecting your data connection, which you need to sign in to your profile.

Call Sprint, they can give you the MSL you need to fix it and the instructions to do so, over the phone.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    can't you just sign into your profile and it should all load back up?
    It won't work if you aren't connected to your provider's data service. That's what the error they are getting means.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    What was your old phone? Do you already have a data plan?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    call sprint and make sure their system shows that phone activated to your number.

I just did something similar on vzw, and when switching back I couldn't re-activate the Pre without calling VZW and giving them my ESN.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks folks for the quick replies, will give them a jingle in the morn

BTW I do love the phone
  8.    #8  
    Just an update:

Last night I had left the phone plugged in, when I returned from work on the screen was "update complete" ????

Signed into profile and all is well???

Only thing I lost was my scanner app and deer hunter 3d game.

Bizarre??
    Quote Originally Posted by arrowslinger View Post
    Just an update:

Last night I had left the phone plugged in, when I returned from work on the screen was "update complete" ????

Signed into profile and all is well???

Only thing I lost was my scanner app and deer hunter 3d game.

Bizarre??
    All is better now.

If for any reason an app is pulled from the catalog and you have to restore your phone, you lose those apps.
  10.    #10  
    Thanks! Glad I found the forum and will do more reading before I "tinker" with it anymore
    that would b a good idea lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->