1.    #1  
    my pre basically dies when I try to reply to an email. it runs perfectly fine until I have a reply card open.... please help.

I have tried pulling the battery

I have removed some preware to see if that was it.

nothing.
    ~ VZW Palm Pre Plus [1Ghz]
    ~ HP Touchpad
    do you see any lag when first opening the email you wish to reply to? Also, what kind of email account is it coming from, and what kind is your reply coming from (for example: Exchange is where it came from , answering back from gmail, or whatever.)

Other questions:

what is the retention period you have set for your email? and have you tried removing and adding back the mail account to your phone? are you overclocked? what email-or messaging patches do you have installed?

maybe there will be some clues in the answers.
    It may help if you delete a good chunk of your emails in your inbox. When I manually retrieved emails, my phone would nearly become unusable. It helped a bit, but the phone still bogs down a lot when retrieving email from my gmail or yahoo account.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    One other thing to check -- is this a long eMail chain? I posted on another forum topic (don't have it handy) that once you've done approx. 4 back & forth eMails with the person, the next reply significantly slows down your Pre. If you push it beyond that, you might even get locked / frozen.

Seems to be an existing WebOS flaw / bug.

Edit: Take a look at this thread for more information -- if what I describe above sounds similar to you: //forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/260283-reply-email-making-my-pre-freeze.html (You will need to copy & paste -- the URL transformation appears to be buggy on this link)
    Last edited by cmahy; 12/14/2010 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Added Forum link
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
    Really large emails can cause this. I have had to delete an email once or twice when I had a digest email that was malformed or just too big.
    I get it with the emails that are going back and forth with replies, too. The Pre just can't handle it. I usually end up starting a new email and just use the same subject line.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I get it with the emails that are going back and forth with replies, too. The Pre just can't handle it. I usually end up starting a new email and just use the same subject line.
    I am wondering if there is a time value for the transfer of the email content that somehow is involved. You have talked about this being different depth of replies on different email senders - which I find really disturbing. I have found that some digest emails can be 80 replies deep with multiple recopies and still work - whereas you mentioned the Yahoo mail at 4 replies was horrible.

Very strange...
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    do you see any lag when first opening the email you wish to reply to? Also, what kind of email account is it coming from, and what kind is your reply coming from (for example: Exchange is where it came from , answering back from gmail, or whatever.)

Other questions:

what is the retention period you have set for your email? and have you tried removing and adding back the mail account to your phone? are you overclocked? what email-or messaging patches do you have installed?

maybe there will be some clues in the answers.
    only on the reply card. it is from yahoo to gmail.

Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    It may help if you delete a good chunk of your emails in your inbox. When I manually retrieved emails, my phone would nearly become unusable. It helped a bit, but the phone still bogs down a lot when retrieving email from my gmail or yahoo account.
    I keep my inbox/folders super clean

Quote Originally Posted by cmahy View Post
    One other thing to check -- is this a long eMail chain? I posted on another forum topic (don't have it handy) that once you've done approx. 4 back & forth eMails with the person, the next reply significantly slows down your Pre. If you push it beyond that, you might even get locked / frozen.

Seems to be an existing WebOS flaw / bug.

Edit: Take a look at this thread for more information -- if what I describe above sounds similar to you: //forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/260283-reply-email-making-my-pre-freeze.html (You will need to copy & paste -- the URL transformation appears to be buggy on this link)

it is after a long back and forth with my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Really large emails can cause this. I have had to delete an email once or twice when I had a digest email that was malformed or just too big.

Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I think that is what it was. but it seemed to do it to all emails on the reply card earlier today. But it has cleared and everything is back to normal. So I am not sure if it was Verizon or just the long email. but thanks for all the input.
    ~ VZW Palm Pre Plus [1Ghz]
    ~ HP Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    I am wondering if there is a time value for the transfer of the email content that somehow is involved. You have talked about this being different depth of replies on different email senders - which I find really disturbing. I have found that some digest emails can be 80 replies deep with multiple recopies and still work - whereas you mentioned the Yahoo mail at 4 replies was horrible.

Very strange...
    I agree, it is strange. When I email my friend that uses mobile me, we can do anywhere from 9 to 12 emails, which would be 18 to 24 with replies, before it happens.

However, as I mentioned Yahoo always gives me a problem and so does Gmail, if I am chatting with someone else that uses it.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!