Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have tried all of the patches to empty mail from trash but no luck. It used to work slowly but now nothing works and I have almost 4,000 emails in the trash folder.

When I click delete or empty trash I get the confirmation button but I don't see any indication it is working after that. W
    Also, I haven't had much luck emptying my inbox lately either.
    When it did work, I would find a blank screen with only the new message icon. Indeed, then I couldn't get to any of my other accounts either but that is another problem.

Is there a file that can be deleted via the usb connection or something?

Note: I have a POP mail account set up to leave mail on my server and not to sync. My desktop does download from the same server and deletes the emails from there. I don't want to sync my phone to my home machine.
    have you tried removing the email account from your phone and then adding it back?
    i don't know if this is the trash file for the email, but i have found that if i connect my pre to my computer as a usb drive that there is a trash folder, and in that there is a sub folder usually like 503 or 504 or something like that, i have thrown those into the trash (mac) and emptied it and had no adverse effects, actually it frees up some memory. I am not that knowledgeable about the actual files and what they do so if you do this i offer no guarantees. good luck
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    have you tried removing the email account from your phone and then adding it back?
    I am reluctant to do that because I have a rather complex setup and have had trouble adding it back in before. If it were possible to see my current parameters and write them down before doing that I would, but some of the fields are hidden once the account is functional.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by loopytee View Post
    i don't know if this is the trash file for the email, but i have found that if i connect my pre to my computer as a usb drive that there is a trash folder, and in that there is a sub folder usually like 503 or 504 or something like that, i have thrown those into the trash (mac) and emptied it and had no adverse effects, actually it frees up some memory. I am not that knowledgeable about the actual files and what they do so if you do this i offer no guarantees. good luck
    Hmmm. I looked for a trash folder yesterday and couldn't find one. I'll try again.
    it may have been a hidden file, I will connect my pre to a computer and see how i found it and get back to you

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
  7.    #7  
    it may have been a hidden file, I will connect my pre to a computer and see how i found it and get back to you
    Thanks. It may well be, although I have my pc (Vista) configured to show hidden files.
    yup, it was a hidden file, I don't know how i enabled my mac to show hidden files but i think i just googled "how do i show hidden files on my mac" and it gave me the solution. it shows up as a folder named .trash

9.    #9  
    yup, it was a hidden file, I don't know how i enabled my mac to show hidden files but i think i just googled "how do i show hidden files on my mac" and it gave me the solution. it shows up as a folder named .trash

Hmmm. Doesn't show up on my pc even though it is set to show hidden files. I wonder if there is a way to enable the Pre to show its hidden files?
    im pretty sure that i do have the app internalz set to show hidden files so maybe that does it?

what does the OP have set for retention period of messages?
    I just deleted one trash folder that had about 165 emails in it and it took a little over a minute to delete them. I didn't think anything was happening, then it suddenly showed a message that there were no emails from the past day. Then I deleted 866 emails from another account (both are pop accounts) and it took about 4 minutes to process. So, since you have so many in your folder, it could take about 20min or so to delete them all.
  13.    #13  
    It is set to seven days. Over the past week or so I have tried deleting messages when I went to bed or to the theater. It even survived an an opera did didn't do anything. I do have an ipk from an outdated demo of email companion. I wonder if deleting that would make a difference. Note: I can't uninstall because Preware tells me it is not an authorized app.

I just checked and the emails go back over a month.
    Last edited by modemjunkie; 12/14/2010 at 01:35 PM. Reason: update
    Quote Originally Posted by modemjunkie View Post
    Hmmm. Doesn't show up on my pc even though it is set to show hidden files. I wonder if there is a way to enable the Pre to show its hidden files?
    Go into folder options on you PC and enable the option to see hidden files or folders then try again.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Go into folder options on you PC and enable the option to see hidden files or folders then try again.
    It is enabled! I checked that first before posting my last message.
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    It is enabled! I checked that first before posting my last message.
    You must not be holding your mouth right when you try to use the device. Stand on one foot and hop around while making your mouth into an "O" shape and cooing like a bird. I'm sure this will help... or at least entertain those around you.

Seriously however... This is a weird problem. I think you may have to consider deleting the recreating your complex email profile. Unless someone here can tell you what specific files you can safely delete to rid yourself of the deleted emails in the app.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    You must not be holding your mouth right when you try to use the device. Stand on one foot and hop around while making your mouth into an "O" shape and cooing like a bird. I'm sure this will help... or at least entertain those around you.

Sorry.. I use my vuvuzuela app for that effect! I also look like that walking my dog around the neighborhood and taking photos with one hand and holding the leash with the other. I just deleted over a thousand of them last night. (photos, not dogs)
    Thanks for the sage advice.
    Sorry.. I use my vuvuzuela app for that effect! I also look like that walking my dog around the neighborhood and taking photos with one hand and holding the leash with the other. I just deleted over a thousand of them last night. (photos, not dogs)
    Thanks for the sage advice.
    Glad you clarified that second to last sentence...

Sorry I can't actually help but I hope this put a smile on your face. This situation sucks and you're not any closer to a solution...
    That trash folder is just on Macs.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  20.    #20  
    BTW: I checked and Internalz is also set to show hidden files.
    And if any one cares. Some of my Pre photos are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/2317314...842160/detail/
    Last edited by modemjunkie; 12/14/2010 at 02:14 PM. Reason: better link.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast