1.    #1  
    I really like the form factor of the Palm Pre. . .I, for one, do not want a larger device. The smaller package is much easier to carry around on your person than a large, squared-off shape like the current trend of smartphones.

Flame-suit on!
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I like the form factor as well of the Pre but I they certainly need to have some other forms if they want to get into a more competitive place in the market.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I too like my pre ( minus) but I worry about it lasting to march as that is when my contract expires. Pre 2 is just too expensive . What will I move to if palm don't have anything on o2 ( uk ) .

Don't know

Paul
    I agree that the form factor and size of my Palm Pre Plus is perfect for my needs. If I’m going to carry a computer around in my shirt pocket, I prefer that is be as small as possible.

I hope that HP and Palm will continue to support this form factor along with other formats in the future. I would like to see some hardware enhancements of the Pre if they do not change the size or shape of the phone. I would like to see a camera with a zoom and macro capability. An SD slot for expandable memory would be nice and a better headset jack is also on my wish list. Of course we can never get enough processing power or onboard memory.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    OK, someone has to go there....

Glad your willing to admit you carry around a small package. ;-)
    Hah. I have a small package too, so there.

I actually LOVE the size of the Pre, but I have to admit there are days when I just want it to be an inch bigger, and then there are days when I like it exactly the way it is.

I'm really schizophrenic about it these days, don't know why.
    I think the form factor is perfect, and I have long said the only thing wrong is the lack of removable media.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    If they could pack 4G into the same form factor, that would be great, with 1gHz, un-over clocked. Perhaps not need as much "border" around the viewable area of the screen also, all the way to the edge, or nearly so, because I like carrying around this small package myself.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    maybe i'm getting too old, but i would like a webos phone with a bigger screen, bigger battery, and bigger keyboard.

common, if we're going to pay the phone carriers $30 a month to view web pages on our phone, then give us a phone with a bigger screen for a better user experience.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I agree. The size of the Pre is prefect. I don't care too much about the shape, so if Palm can increase the resolution by not being rounded off, I am happy. But Evo and the other new high resolution phones are too big. If I have to, I would take it, but I really don't want to.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    Quote Originally Posted by kremmen View Post
    I too like my pre ( minus) but I worry about it lasting to march as that is when my contract expires. Pre 2 is just too expensive . What will I move to if palm don't have anything on o2 ( uk ) .

Don't know

Paul
    Hah! Pre (minus)
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whitty View Post
    I really like the form factor of the Palm Pre. . .I, for one, do not want a larger device. The smaller package is much easier to carry around on your person than a large, squared-off shape like the current trend of smartphones.

Flame-suit on!
    I've been saying this for months! I don't want a "phone" that keeps me from sitting down when it is in my pocket! The Pre is the perfect size.
    Love my Pre. Enough said lol
    I think you could keep the small (closed) form factor and still get a larger keyboard with a horizontal slider like the T-Mobile G2. Not as good for one-hand typing, but much better for two-hand typing.
    if OP's statement is true, ppl would've gone crazy abt the Pre2...sorry but i think everyone is just waiting (anxiously) for that 3.5" or 3.7" slider...
    I am pretty sure the next phone won't be as beautiful as the pre
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I felt the same way too when I bought mine in April. Now 8 months later I would like a larger screen. Games and the internet benefit from more real estate. That dell 4.1 inch vertical slider would have been perfect with webos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    Hah. I have a small package too, so there.

I actually LOVE the size of the Pre, but I have to admit there are days when I just want it to be an inch bigger, and then there are days when I like it exactly the way it is.

I'm really schizophrenic about it these days, don't know why.
    I totally agree with you. It's as if HP/Palm just has to tweak the product and squeeze some new hardware in there. I vote for a compromise. Increase the screen size to 3.5", add support for 4G, throw in a dual-core processor @1.2Ghz, and make the thing more durable (casing, screen and charging jack).