Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Please watch this video:

5 Tech Gifts to Return Right Now - Fox News Video - FoxNews.com

At the end, Jeremy Kaplan says you should return the Palm Pre because it's "Not very good". His reasoning? "Apple iPhone and Google phones have this app 'thing' that Palm doesn't have'.

His email address is: jeremy_kaplan@ziffdavis.com
    His employer is Ziff Davis: info@ziffdavis.com, PCMOnline@ziffdavis.com

Take a minute to email him and let him know that he should really do a better job of checking facts before blasting a product on a national news network.
    But he says to buy a dell?? pfffft
    Quote Originally Posted by irwinr12 View Post
    Please watch this video:

5 Tech Gifts to Return Right Now - Fox News Video - FoxNews.com

At the end, Jeremy Kaplan says you should return the Palm Pre because it's "Not very good". His reasoning? "Apple iPhone and Google phones have this app 'thing' that Palm doesn't have'.

His email address is: jeremy_kaplan@ziffdavis.com
    His employer is Ziff Davis: info@ziffdavis.com, PCMOnline@ziffdavis.com

Take a minute to email him and let him know that he should really do a better job of checking facts before blasting a product on a national news network.
    A similar article on Foxnews.com was circulating last week (if this is not the same one) and the iPhone 4 was on the list as well. So take it with a grain of salt.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    A similar article on Foxnews.com was circulating last week (if this is not the same one) and the iPhone 4 was on the list as well. So take it with a grain of salt.
    Yeah he said that the iPhone wasn't 'fast enough' that you should return it instead for a 4G phone. But given that there are only like two or three 4G phones in total on the market, that would apply to any and *all* phones aside from a couple of Sprint phones...

How does someone get to a position in life where they get paid to spout off stupidity?
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    He's right! To the point where developers pull their apps from a platform you know its bad. Palm had a good thing going, now you have Apple, Android, and even RIM capitalizing on their idea. They took the best things from webos like multitasking, synergy, universal search even cards and used it to their advantage. And what has Palm done since? NOTHING!

What the Epic is hardware wise should have been the Pre from jumpstreet. New OS, first 4G with 1ghz processor, and from their introduce front face cam. Other platforms would have been playing catch up, not the other way around.
    I refuse to respond to stupid rhetoric like this… Oops too late!

Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    yeah he also said to return the wii, hmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by irwinr12 View Post
    How does someone get to a position in life where they get paid to spout off stupidity?
    They register to run for a political office...

Mals
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    What the Epic is hardware wise should have been the Pre from jumpstreet. New OS, first 4G with 1ghz processor, and from their introduce front face cam. Other platforms would have been playing catch up, not the other way around.
    Well, the problem with that is that 1ghz mobile processors and 4g did not exist when the pre was released. 4g is just now in its infancy. The pre hardware WAS pretty revolutionary when it first came out, Palm just hasn't kept up with the onslaught of HTC/Motorola hardware refreshes. I agree with you on the front facing cam, though. That should have been there on ALL smartphones from the start. It just seems like a no-brainer to me.
    Don't return the Pre -- perhaps HP can return Rubenstein!!
    I want Kaplan's Job! (lots of money, no actual prep needed)
    ...why let facts interfere with a good story?
    <This Page is Blank>
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noahisaac View Post
    Well, the problem with that is that 1ghz mobile processors and 4g did not exist when the pre was released. 4g is just now in its infancy. The pre hardware WAS pretty revolutionary when it first came out, Palm just hasn't kept up with the onslaught of HTC/Motorola hardware refreshes. I agree with you on the front facing cam, though. That should have been there on ALL smartphones from the start. It just seems like a no-brainer to me.
    You think Apple would have released a 1ghz processor had it not been for EVO, EPIC etc? The thing about technology is when we get around to seeing it, its been in existence for years. The Pre was not a revolutionary piece of hardware, ask those that had to return theirs 3-5 times to get it replaced.
    It's obvious that he has a EVO in his pocket. He said "Return your iPhone 4 because it's too slow and it is not 4G" O_O That was even more stupid than the Wii and Pre statements.
    Opinions are just that: opinions.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    After Epocrates pulled support for the Pre, I lost all hope. I agree with the link, return the Pre and pick up something with more support. It's only a matter of time before the homebrew guys move on to something with more prestige and reward.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    After the seeing the crap I've had to deal with with my PRE neither my wife or son want one. I can't blame them .. No flash support , I blew a speaker -$35 on that one , my volume buttons didn't work after I got the speaker fixed. I love the form factor but ... HP and Palm are doing nothing to push the phone. My last phone lasted me 6 years .. I've had a pre just under 6 months and I've had it in for repair twice.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by evilduckster View Post
    I want Kaplan's Job! (lots of money, no actual prep needed)
    ...why let facts interfere with a good story?
    That's all you need to work for FOX - facts are optional! ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    That's all you need to work for FOX - facts are optional! ;-)
    Fox isn't known for giving factual information.
    Quote Originally Posted by cachorropedorro View Post
    Fox isn't known for giving factual information.
    ...and any other national news outlet is?
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    [generic snide comment about "Faux News"]
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast