Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I'm looking at an ad on Craigslist..

Pre plus on Verizon, for $50 bucks! They say it's like new and no scratches. The main thing im concerned about is the ESN. The phone is about 2 hours away, is there a way i can get the ESN and call Verizon and make sure its ok?

I got a pixi, and i plan on keeping it, I just wanna play with a pre and hopefully if and when flash comes out i may start using it more..
    You should have him meet you at a verizon store so you can activate it on the spot before you pay him. that will show how much he believes in his product
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    see that my problem. Lol I go to school full time and work full time. I don't have any time and the phone is around 2 to 3 hours away in another state.
    Ask him to take it to a Verizon store and have them directly check the ESN and call you.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Thats probably what i'll be doing then. Other than that, is it a good deal?
    does he have the charge and cable?

it's a decent price if it works, and it isn't stolen.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I would assume so, but if there isnt one i just bought a spare off of amazon for 5 bucks. lol
    If the ESN checks out it sounds like a good deal to me. Did the seller say why they were selling the phone?

Once you start using the Pre Plus you may just abandon the Pixi. The form factor of the Pre Plus is just perfect.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    The main problem would be that it has one of the Verizon crappy keyboards that skips letters. I have handled probably a dozen Verizon Pre's and most are pretty good, a few are really good, a a couple have been awful. I have one I was going to try to sell on ebay, but feel too guilty because the keyboard is awful.
    I'd personally buy it. I wish I could find one for $50 in my area, bad ESN or not, I still want to Plus my Pre.
    the good news is that even if you get swagger jacked into buying a bad ESN, you can get your money back from someone who wants to plus their pre minus.