Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if sprint has any plans to roll this out? It's already available in Europe. Kind of sad how behind the curve the US is in the HD world.

I'm listening to NPR today and they give a comparison of the current cell technology and when HD voice is activated (apparently the infrastructure is there and its just a software upgrade) and the difference is night and day.
    Last edited by bobross; 12/14/2010 at 11:13 AM.
    I haven't heard anything. However, /b/ro tip: Use magnets to achieve HD voice on any phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProParkour View Post
    I haven't heard anything. However, /b/ro tip: Use magnets to achieve HD voice on any phone.
    Huh?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Huh?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    A reference to all trolls. Go to trollscience.com and you'd understand quickly.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    My apologies to ProParkour
    Last edited by bobross; 12/14/2010 at 11:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobross View Post
    You're insinuating I'm a troll?

So I'm listening to NPR today and they give a comparison of the current cell technology and when HD voice is activated (apparently the infrastructure is there and its just a software upgrade) and the difference is night and day. So I come here to ask because hey, this is where all the elitist hang out right? I though maybe someone has some info on this.

And you say I'm trolling?
    Not sure he meant that you were a troll, at least not directly.

But back to the topic. HD voice sounds interesting. Here's an article I found on Engadget. It still seems to be pretty new, but it definitely sounds cool.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Not sure he meant that you were a troll, at least not directly.

But back to the topic. HD voice sounds interesting. Here's an article I found on Engadget. It still seems to be pretty new, but it definitely sounds cool.
    heh, ok, maybe I jumped the gun a bit. Thanks for the article, the sound quality example was amazing on NPR. You would never go back to "regular" cell quality after hearing it.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    I heard that story today on KPCC. The host (whose name escapes me) did imply pretty strongly that it was just a matter of flipping a software switch...at which point I went into major grain-of-salt mode. Especially since earlier in the same story, some expert was quoted saying that it would require the use of more radio spectrum than the codecs currently in use. They also didn't make it clear whether this technology was as easily grafted onto CDMA systems as it is to the GSM systems that are presumably in place in the countries where HD voice is currently available.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if Palm and Sprint USA plan to support HD Voice?
    <<threads merged>>
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Here's the response I received from Sprint USA:

Dear Roger Klurfeld,

Thank you for contacting Sprint regarding the HD Voice.

Since HD Voice is not available to our customers, I am unable provide
    the details you requested.

If Sprint offers it in the future, you will find product and pricing
    details on Sprint.com and in promotional information at our retail
    stores. We encourage you to watch news reports or monitor our web site
    to see if a change in availability occurs