Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    i have read the "wobble" posts and not sure if i wanted to try the hot glue approach. I was wondering if anyone had success at fixing this issue? my screen only moves to the right, seems like a little black plastic piece my be broke and that piece prevents the screen from moving too far to one side. Any help is appreciated
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by xmatter View Post
    i have read the "wobble" posts and not sure if i wanted to try the hot glue approach. I was wondering if anyone had success at fixing this issue? my screen only moves to the right, seems like a little black plastic piece my be broke and that piece prevents the screen from moving too far to one side. Any help is appreciated
    What hot glue approach?
  3. #3  
    I took a glue stick, and a Phillips head screwdriver and took out my battery. Carefully I put some glue on the tip of the screwdriver then lightly and carefully applied it to the rails. it worked like a charm
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ProParkour View Post
    I took a glue stick, and a Phillips head screwdriver and took out my battery. Carefully I put some glue on the tip of the screwdriver then lightly and carefully applied it to the rails. it worked like a charm
    How long has that lasted? I wouldn't think hot glue would make for a load bearing surface for very long.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    How long has that lasted? I wouldn't think hot glue would make for a load bearing surface for very long.
    I did the "surgery" about two months ago and it is very tight and doesn't wobble. However I did apply the glue twice, the second after the first dried.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ProParkour View Post
    I took a glue stick, and a Phillips head screwdriver and took out my battery. Carefully I put some glue on the tip of the screwdriver then lightly and carefully applied it to the rails. it worked like a charm
    Would you be willing to put together a pictorial of this process? Even if you didn't reglue you could annotate with arrows or other markers to show where you glued and give more comfort to others considering this fix.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Would you be willing to put together a pictorial of this process? Even if you didn't reglue you could annotate with arrows or other markers to show where you glued and give more comfort to others considering this fix.
    Of course I would do that. Give me a couple of minutes.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ProParkour View Post
    Of course I would do that. Give me a couple of minutes.
    Thanks!
  9. #9  
    A short, and brief pictorial
    Attached Images Attached Images
  10. #10  
    That looks like a glue stick not a hot melt glue - did I misunderstand or was that for the purpose of the pics?
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    That looks like a glue stick not a hot melt glue - did I misunderstand or was that for the purpose of the pics?
    I believe you misunderstood because I said I used a gluestick. Haha. I didn't want to use my hotglue gun and I thought that a gluestick is a good temporary alternative
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by xmatter View Post
    i have read the "wobble" posts and not sure if i wanted to try the hot glue approach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    What hot glue approach?
    Quote Originally Posted by ProParkour View Post
    I took a glue stick,
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    That looks like a glue stick not a hot melt glue - did I misunderstand
    Quote Originally Posted by ProParkour View Post
    I believe you misunderstood because I said I used a gluestick.

    Parsing error on my part. Previous poster mentioned hot glue then you said glue stick after I asked about the hot glue method. Sorry for confusing these.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Parsing error on my part. Previous poster mentioned hot glue then you said glue stick after I asked about the hot glue method. Sorry for confusing these.
    No problem. The hotglue method is very similar to the method I used. Except that you would directly apply the glue from the gun to the sliding mechanism.

Posting Permissions