Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Hello all,

its been awhile since I've had to post here, but I am taking my sprint palm pre to get replaced because my usb charge slot isnt working properly. I just wanted to know if there was a program that can restore the replaced pre to the setting of the old pre. I mean preware and theme settings etc etc I'd hate to have to convert a new stock pre back to my pathced and themed pre since i dont even remember half of the patches I installed several months ago.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    This seams that it wil work for my saved game data (which I hadnt even thought about) but what about my actual tweaks, themes, and patch settings? Is there something that will do this for me?
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    If you've used Preware, there is a Saved Patch List under the Preware app menu (upper left corner) which will update all of that and is restorable.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    You'll want to save your package list first using Preware, then use Save/Restore and back up your USB data to your computer.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    OK thanks. I see the "saved package list" in preware and an install all option and an update option. what do I need to do exactly now? and I will use synctoy to back up my usb data etc... if it still works i havent used it in ages.
    Quote Originally Posted by chichi View Post
    OK thanks. I see the "saved package list" in preware and an install all option and an update option. what do I need to do exactly now? and I will use synctoy to back up my usb data etc... if it still works i havent used it in ages.
    Install all is the option you use when restoring.

Are you already to the point of restoring or are you still in the backup process?
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Install all is the option you use when restoring.

Are you already to the point of restoring or are you still in the backup process?
    Still in the back up process.. I clicked update option and got a notification saying updated package list saved
    Quote Originally Posted by chichi View Post
    Still in the back up process.. I clicked update option and got a notification saying updated package list saved
    Yes, that insures your list is up to date.

Now you can go into Save/Restore and back up Preware. (plus anything else you want.

Make sure and copy everything you want to keep from your USB partition to a computer.

After your Dr./Reset etc. Here are the steps you need to take..

1. Install Preware and launch it, then select Saved Package list (this will create the file)

2. Install Save/Restore and launch it, make sure you have already copied the Save/Restore directory back to your USB partition and then just restore Preware (it won't restore if there isn't one already, hence step 1).

3. Launch Preware and select saved package list and then "install all".

Sometimes it hangs on certain apps/packages. If you are certain it is hung, just swipe back to see the list again. Swipe to delete the hung app/package, close out of Preware and re-launch it, then tap Install all again. Do this as many times as necessary to get through it. Then go manually re-install anything that hung.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    ok so now im running into a problem! the reason im replacing my pre is my charging port isnt working properly and now i can charge via usb to my computer but i cant force usb mode. is there anyway to force usb mode so I can save my usb files to my pc?
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    ok im screwed cus I cant utilize my usb drive either.. i will keep trying. thanks anyway guys. I already tried the opt sym u and also the holding up on restart to no avail sigh
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    got it! I was able to plug it half way in and place a stapler on it for pressure until i finished transfering all the files! thanks again.
    Hence the new "stapler trick"
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Pastorrich your post ought to be a sticky on the front page of the forums as many Pre +/-'s are xchanged. Fortunately I found yours after another forum post left out a few of the post swap details and I was looking at having to manually install it all even though I had done the prenuptials correctly. Be blessed.