1.    #1  
    Hi. I open up an Email and for some reason it would let me copy anything to the clipboard. I have to press reply then copy it which is one extra step I don't like. It always gives me a draught email when I close after which is annoting.

Any help would be great.
    Thanks guys and gals.

Update:
    You have to hold down the uparrow and tap on each sentence you want then it will be highlighted. Then its ready to be copied. Meta x c v will do the trick.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by Greg Mair; 12/13/2010 at 08:46 AM.
    You can always go to the upper left menu and click edit and copy all or select all...
  3.    #3  
    Doesn't work very well for bits and peices of things. I guess it will have to do. Thanks.
    I know copy and paste on Webos is pretty bad compared to other phones.. You can always make sure you discard the message if you copy and paste from a reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    Update:
    You have to hold down the uparrow and tap on each sentence you want then it will be highlighted. Then its ready to be copied. Meta x c v will do the trick.
    Nice tip Greg... I never knew that (the arrow part). It really makes it alot easier to copy select bits and pieces from an email.

Thank you!

I can learn something new every day.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  6.    #6  
    It's not the greatest, but it's the best way I can find to do quick copies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    It's not the greatest, but it's the best way I can find to do quick copies.
    Well, compared to copying the entire email then cutting it down after it is pasted.... it's a walk in the park.
    I am befuddled. The "up arrow" is the shift key right? I have no issues with copy/paste using email. I press shift and then tap - NOT DRAG - and the phone selects text a line, paragraph or block at a time. Without releasing SHIFT I can add more by tapping above or below where I have selected.

How would you copy/paste without using SHIFT or am I missing what you are saying?

EDIT: To clarify - before I figured out TAP not DRAG I was really frustrated with Copy/Paste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    I am befuddled. The "up arrow" is the shift key right? I have no issues with copy/paste using email. I press shift and then tap - NOT DRAG - and the phone selects text a line, paragraph or block at a time. Without releasing SHIFT I can add more by tapping above or below where I have selected.

How would you copy/paste without using SHIFT or am I missing what you are saying?

EDIT: To clarify - before I figured out TAP not DRAG I was really frustrated with Copy/Paste.
    You could select the entire email and copy/paste or you could hit reply/fwd and Tap and Drag then copy/paste. Both are more painful than shift + tap.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    You could select the entire email and copy/paste or you could hit reply/fwd and Tap and Drag then copy/paste. Both are more painful than shift + tap.
    OK that makes sense. Not sure why I wasn't parsing this correctly to begin with. Essentially I found the same issues until I learned Tap not Drag with the shift key.
    the way to do it is to shift+tap the first word in the text and then shift+tap on the last word.

It takes some getting used to, especially when having to scroll down in between those steps, or when you can't select just some of the text.

The tip above it great for those cases when you can only select the entire thing.

I like to paste that into one of the memo apps and then select text from there.