Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    a week ago I noticed my pre had not backed up in oh... About a month... So I tried to back it up and it never got passed preparing. I've tried rebooting a few times (including the shut down, and power button and ringer switch method) long story short it still hasn't worked.

I've seen other similar problems that have been solved by restarting, but I'm wondering if any one knows of a fix for this (or should I hope for some christmas magic ha)

thanks for any help
    send a PM to HardbeatZ and he will direct you to help. I'm having backup issues at the moment, but at least I can run them manually.
    It's them darn Tribbles I tell ya
    Last edited by NachoB; 12/20/2010 at 08:09 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Turn off the backup, FULL restart the device (not a luna restart), and turn the backup back on, and do a manual backup.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Does not work. Have tried that a million times.
    Mine also refuses to back up
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    On a side note, the bloddy palm profile just kicked my pre out, just bloody lovely
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    mine too,

I think it's got to do with Palm redoing the whole Palm Profile thingy
    Still having problems. Everyone else also? Could it be homebrew preventing it?
    it isn't related to homebrew.

NOTE: do not (DO NOT) turn off autobackup!

send a PM to HardbeatZ for guidance on getting support.
    I will have to pm heartbeatZ because mine won't back up
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    What else is freaking new? My PP+ backs up when it wants to. The cloud is thinning out. Less users equals less software upkeep.
    I've never turned mine off and it is still working, backs up every 24hours, like clockwork.

I am wondering what the trend is, have any of you with problems ever turned yours off?
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    My Pres backup has never skipped a beat, I have never turned my backup off.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I've never turned mine off and it is still working, backs up every 24hours, like clockwork.

I am wondering what the trend is, have any of you with problems ever turned yours off?
    I just checked and mine had not backed up since November (Middle of the month roughly - 2010). I tried a manual backup and it seems to have worked.

EDIT: I started to turn it off and when prompted to either keep it on or turn it off and erase the backups I choose to keep it on.
    Last edited by Unclevanya; 12/21/2010 at 09:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    I just checked and mine had not backed up since November (Middle of the month roughly - 2010). I tried a manual backup and it seems to have worked.

EDIT: I started to turn it off and when prompted to either keep it on or turn it off and erase the backups I choose to keep it on.
    Note to anyone that isn't seeing their backups happening automatically:

DO NOT turn off the automatic backup. DO NOT.

Doing so seems to lock the user from being able to turn it back on. That wasn't always the case, but currently it seems to be preventing users from turning it back on...
  16. pbk
    I had the same problem with backups. After contacting HP/Palm they had me remove all Homebrew apps and patches then erase all apps & data and restore. Was able to turn backup on after that and then reinstalled homebrew apps & patches. Now I just manually do backups, seems the auto function will not work when homebrew apps are installed.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I had a similar problem with backups. Turns out that my issue was related to date/time. After one of the updates, my network time zone was setting itslef incorrectly. I figured out that switching my network time zone to off, then setting it properly, resolved the backup issue.