1.    #1  
    I just received my third replacement for my Pre Plus on Verizon on Friday. I tried activating it and for some strange reason my programming failed. I spoke with a Verizon rep and was on the phone with them for a very long time yesterday afternoon and no luck. It seems that my ESN is not in the database therefore it could not be activated. That isn't the strangest thing though, for some reason the boot time on this replacement Pre is significantly faster than my current Pre, which is running Uberkernal, this had lead me to believe that perhaps Verizon started shipping replacement Pres with WebOS 2.0.. of course this is just speculation and there is no way for me to find this out because well the phone will not activate, but this strangely quick boot time has just got me wondering, anyway i could see the version of WebOS its running?
    Ooooh!! I just got an email that my replc Pre has shipped (Verizon)...keeping my fingers crossed for one w/ webos 2..... a girl can hope!!
  3.    #3  
    Let me know how it turns out for you terry, I have to wait until Tuesday until this ESN is in the system.. hopefully they fix this because it is getting annoying
    Generally I find that the Pre+ boots MUCH faster before I load it up with patches and homebrew goodness. Every time I doctor, it startles me how quick the Pre+ is to start up and even how fast it runs until I load it with 50 or 60 patches

It would be great if it had 2.x, but I'm betting that isn't the case. But we have our fingers crossed.
    Quote Originally Posted by geraldorigo View Post
    Let me know how it turns out for you terry, I have to wait until Tuesday until this ESN is in the system.. hopefully they fix this because it is getting annoying
    They (Verizon device replc) said it would not ship until Monday w/ receipt on Tuesday, but the FEDEX tracking shows enroute...only a few hours away. Hopefully we'll both have super fast awesome replacements by Tuesday!! Good Luck...ur situation really bites....
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Generally I find that the Pre+ boots MUCH faster before I load it up with patches and homebrew goodness. Every time I doctor, it startles me how quick the Pre+ is to start up and even how fast it runs until I load it with 50 or 60 patches

It would be great if it had 2.x, but I'm betting that isn't the case. But we have our fingers crossed.
    This may come as a shock, but I do not have any homebrews on my current Pre. I'm going to start adding on some homebrews, etc after the holidays. Too busy bakin' the cookies....for Santa.
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    too bad you didn't get a Pre 2 instead
  8.    #8  
    Just an update, no WebOS 2.0... and well it seems like it will never happen... DAMN YOU PALM!! Lord knows I love the operating system and the phone but we need better software and a non crippling GPS... Lets hope CES has something in store or else my recent upgrade comes in February... lets hope Apple or Google doesn't release some 4G monster or else its bye bye Palm
    ...for some reason the boot time on this replacement Pre is significantly faster than my current Pre, which is running Uberkernal...
    Just a comment on this, UK does not make your phone boot faster. During boot it is running at stock kernel speeds. This is done in case something is messed up with the overclocking at least your phone will boot.
    Just an update, no WebOS 2.0... and well it seems like it will never happen... DAMN YOU PALM!! Lord knows I love the operating system and the phone but we need better software and a non crippling GPS... Lets hope CES has something in store or else my recent upgrade comes in February... lets hope Apple or Google doesn't release some 4G monster or else its bye bye Palm
    I got mine today as well, really fast but no 2.0.