1.    #1  
    Is that a hint that we will be getting a 4G Palm Pre 2 on Sprint? Why not just say " The New Palm Pre 2 " ? Why adding 3G in front?

I like this....
    No offense, but I think you're experiencing wishful thinking. We already know the Pre2 is not 4G.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  3.    #3  
    I understand that the current Pre 2 is not 4G, and yes WE ALREADY KNOW.. what i mean is maybe sprint will be getting a 4G version next year.

so now, go tell Rogers that WE ALREADY KNOW is a 3G phone and they don't need to specify by saying " 3G Palm Pre 2 " lol
    I have seen a lot of "Grasping at Straws" posts on P|C lately. Is the community getting desperate?
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    it says 3g to distinguish it from the other signals it could be getting. For example, mine says 1x when it can't find a 3g signal and reverts to whatever evdo signal it can find.

There are 3 or 4 different data connection types in the dialer settings, accessed by tapping a key code on the dial pad. It's something like ##5434# but I can't look up the actual code at the moment. Hopefully another member can look up the code for this carrier and chime in with the info.
    Quote Originally Posted by jovanny27 View Post
    Is that a hint that we will be getting a 4G Palm Pre 2 on Sprint? Why not just say " The New Palm Pre 2 " ? Why adding 3G in front?

I like this....
    Because the Pre 2 is 3.6Mbps HSPA. Rogers (and Bell and Telus) advertises higher speed devices as 3G+.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    3G is a buzz word. Ignore those other posts.
    I don't think it's a hint, but I DO think that Palm is planning something big for CES, and 4G would make sense. I don't know if it will be on Sprint (or Bell), but the rumours are building. You may be thinking wishfully, but I think in January you'll be pleasantly surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    Is the community getting desperate?
    I don't know. I'm too busy voting on Laptopmag device polls.
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    I don't know. I'm too busy voting on Laptopmag device polls.
    But if we win all these polls, maybe Palm will love us more! lol