1.    #1  
    This past week it's been in around 10 degrees F here. When I get out to my car after work and dig my phone out of the glove box it is always turned off (hasn't happened before). I turn it on and there's a full battery.

Does the Pre turn off if it gets too cold? I could understand turning off if it's too hot. But the only reason I can think of for turning off when it's cold would be to protect the screen.

Any thoughts?
    sounds like the battery shrank in the cold and lost contact. The same as the issue that comes up sometimes under normal conditions if the battery isn't fitting properly.

btw, why would you leave your phone in such a cold temperature? drop that in your pocket and you could get all kinds of condensation and possible water damage.

back in the day (way back) letting a phone freeze like that was guaranteed to ruin the phone. I learned that the hard way.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    btw, why would you leave your phone in such a cold temperature? drop that in your pocket and you could get all kinds of condensation and possible water damage.
    Ya I know. I hope I don't get condensation and then a short circuit. I don't want to leave it at home though in case I have car trouble. And I can't bring it into work because the site is classified.
    Yep, there are some secure sites, both under private companies and under the government, that will not allow you to carry a cell phone or any type of device that may possibly be used to remove sensitive information from the premises.

I went to a historical post office in a federal building in D.C. that let you take them in, but they made you turn them off and remove the battery. They held onto the battery for the duration of your visit.

If you couldn't remove the battery, like on an iPhone, you had to leave your whole phone at the security desk. They put your name and other contact information on it and you'd have to present photo ID to pick it up.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Their are certain bars that don't let you bring in phones either.

But yeah, OP, I think Cantaffordit hit the nail on the head. The battery must be shrinking in that cold car.
    well you could remove the battery and bring the phone inside and see if they would let you store it someplace safe inside , possibly ?! no ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I have noticed this 3 times now, when I take my phone out of my pocket to use it outside (it's 19 here in Wisconsin) after about a minute of being out of my pocket the battery completely discharges. It doesn't matter what the power level is (85%, 50%, full).
    Has anyone else noticed this?
    wow, that's cold.

After reading that I am officially adopting a new policy. I won't take my phone out of my pocket when it's that cold. I think i'll say it this way: I won't expose my phone to weather I wouldn't expose my ears/fingers/**** to. Of course in Atlanta that's no problem, but when I travel...

have you thought about getting a trac phone for winter driving?

I'm not surprised that your battery dies when it's frozen. In my mind I'm seeing it trying to keep the vibrate notification on constantly as if to shiver.

I wonder how long my 2300 Siedio extended battery would last. Probably not much longer. Brrrrrr.
    Quote Originally Posted by aheiden82 View Post
    I have noticed this 3 times now, when I take my phone out of my pocket to use it outside (it's 19 here in Wisconsin) after about a minute of being out of my pocket the battery completely discharges. It doesn't matter what the power level is (85%, 50%, full).
    Has anyone else noticed this?
    I've had this same problem, no matter how high the battery is, it was jump to 0% if I was out in the cold.

Although it would last for a while when it says 0 so I'm not actually sure if the battery is completely discharged or if it just says it.
    Seriously there are bars that won't let you take a phone in?
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    I've had this same problem, no matter how high the battery is, it was jump to 0% if I was out in the cold.

Although it would last for a while when it says 0 so I'm not actually sure if the battery is completely discharged or if it just says it.
    Thats what I thought at first but I can't get the phone to turn back on without plugging it in.

p.s. the phone doesn't get cold it is only exposed to cold air for 5 min at the most.

oh yea to the one from Atlanta, 19 doesn't even begin it has been colder already this year and will get colder
    I grew up in a cold climate, so I've experienced enough winter to determine that I don't need to be on the phone when I'm outside and it's that cold. Especially that windy/damp cold you guys get. I'm definitely not the guy you see pulling out his phone on the ski lift between runs!
    I think the battery shrinking in the cold is actually why my phone is getting ridiculous battery drain (more than usual)