View Poll Results: How many times have you exhanged your Pre?

Voters
562. You may not vote on this poll
  • None - First Pre and it's been perfect

334 59.43%
  • Once. This is my second Pre.

93 16.55%
  • Twice. This is my third Pre.

60 10.68%
  • Third time's the charm. This is my fourth Pre.

26 4.63%
  • This is my 4th Time. Fifth Pre!! Really?!

19 3.38%
  • This is my 5th Time. SIX Pre exchanges. Wow!

10 1.78%
  • More than 5 times. SEVEN or more! Geez.

20 3.56%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    This is important.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Had an original Pre but sold it due to the Oreo effect. I've since bought a Pre Plus but haven't found/had any issues with it.
    had a launch day sprint pre never had to swap it out, was in near perfect condition, no scratchs, scuffs, usb door fine, speaker fine, no oreo effect sold it for 145 on ebay, after I got a sprint pre plus converted. It also comes down to how you treat your phones. Ive had cell phones for over a decade and a half, and have never had a phone that was murdered because I took care of them. Even the Pre I didnt slam open and shut the slider, didnt slam it down on counter tops and desks. Be real with how you handle your devices, and understand its still a fragile piece of hardware not a tank. It will last you alot longer, and give you resale value.
    Global Posts
    354 Global Posts
    Well my wife is on her 3rd. I'm actually still on my original one, but touch screen just stop working going to sprint to hopefully get a replacement
    Had mine for almost a year and aside from oreo, no significant problems. Have been overclocked since the first week also.
    I am on my fourth. Three in the first six months. My wife's rebooted on open within a week. My daughter is on her second. There is a survey that is still open that showed that most are on their second.

Six months later and I am still on my first EVO. It is a beast. You could kill someone at 20 feet with it.

But the EVO is a slightly smaller volume in your pocket.
    Hah, this proves that the old idea that you only hear complaints and not praise is SO true.

Verizon Pre Plus, not a SINGLE issue, hardware or software, since I got it in May.

I know the Sprint Pre did have serious hardware issues, but the idea people who say the same of the VZW Pre Plus either are terrible at taking care of their phones or are just looking for attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    Hah, this proves that the old idea that you only hear complaints and not praise is SO true.

Verizon Pre Plus, not a SINGLE issue, hardware or software, since I got it in May.

I know the Sprint Pre did have serious hardware issues, but the idea people who say the same of the VZW Pre Plus either are terrible at taking care of their phones or are just looking for attention.
    I honestly agree with you, and think thats what it is. Though I had a sprint phone since launch, and though with the plus version (i have it conv to sprint) the phone is alot tighter, keyboards clicker etc. I had no issues with it either. Like I said unless someone is using the phone for a hocky puck im not sure why people claim so many issues. I also had a Evo and had it replaced after 3 weeks screen froze and stopped working, but devices are devices.
    I had my first one from January of this year until a few weeks ago. Along the way, I had the usual USB door falling out and the crackly headphone jack. The q-tip deal fixed that. I never really had too much oreo. I mean hardly any at all.

The replacement was due to the infamous growing crack that started at the corner of the USB port. It was spreading and I did not want to wait until it got to the screen and failed or something. Getting Palm to agree to replace was a pretty big pain. I was not happy they were so resistant to it. I took great care of that phone, as I do with all my phones.

The re-furb I got is perfect. No complaints at all. The keyboard is just slightly better and the slider is just slightly tighter.

I'm just over a month from my upgrade date and I am salivating for something new; not because I have any general complaints, just because I want something new and different. I really hope it can be an HP/Palm product.
    Had the battery seating issue with the wife's unit, but a little piece of folded paper solved that. No issues with mine so far...
    What does not kill me, makes me stronger. - Friedrich Nietzsche
    That which does not kill me, has made a grave tactical error. - Jerry Pournelle
    replaced my original pre plus cus of a faulty wifi antennea. Replacement works great.
    12 months and still on first qwertz pre
    Going on a year and a half now and still on my first Pre, no issues yet.
    Guess my case is different, have had at&t pre+ since may, no replacement so far

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    15 months on my first Pre (purchased Sept 09). No issues except the speaker, and since it was recent (over a year old), I replaced it myself. Starting to get a little particular sometimes (read slow) but nothing a visit to the doctor couldn't fix (never been doctored either) and has been running 1ghz since it came out with no issues.

Actually so happy with the Pre that I am about to get one for free off HP's website and move on to my second one with my first being a back up. Crazy I know, especially with the possibility of a launch of a new product soon, but I just like my Pre....

Palm m100 => Palm IIIx => Palm Zire 72 => Cingular Treo 650 => Sprint Palm 700p (w/755 ROM) => Sprint Palm 755p => Sprint Palm Centro => Sprint Palm Pre => Sprint FrankenPre Plus => Franken Palm Pre 2 on Sprint w/ working Nav and Sprint TV!

Family lines: Wife => Palm Centro Daughter => Palm Pixi

Living the Palm brand since 1999....and that's gotten me this!?
    RIP Palm OS and WebOS
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    I bought my first Pre the day it came out. Since then I have had.... 4 more Pre's...
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    I have a VZW Pre Plus that I received in March. I have treated it well, and it has developed the USB crack. My first replacement refurb will arive today.
    none of you're answers fit. you should just leave the answers as a number without the qualifications cause they don't fit. Like my answer is would be "None - first Pre and it's NOT even close to perfect." I got all kinds of stuff broken, or breaking, or acting crazy on my phone. I just haven't returned it plus it's out of warranty.

Never mind. this poll is crazy old.
    Launch day Pre. Still on my one-and-a-halfth; my first one had Oreo and I sent it in for fixing within the first month. They installed a new sliding mechanism within three days, but managed to scratch the heck out of the display. Sent back and got a new display. But the rest is still the same.
    Sprint launch day pre here. Usb door came off @10 months. Everyhting works great, but the camera takes a long time to open up the program. Haven't put any homebrew on it or overclocked it or anything like that. Love web os but I feel like it might die away with android being so popular now. And it doesn't look like anyone is writing apps for web os now. Very sad
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast