View Poll Results: How many times have you exhanged your Pre?

Voters
562. You may not vote on this poll
  • None - First Pre and it's been perfect

334 59.43%
  • Once. This is my second Pre.

93 16.55%
  • Twice. This is my third Pre.

60 10.68%
  • Third time's the charm. This is my fourth Pre.

26 4.63%
  • This is my 4th Time. Fifth Pre!! Really?!

19 3.38%
  • This is my 5th Time. SIX Pre exchanges. Wow!

10 1.78%
  • More than 5 times. SEVEN or more! Geez.

20 3.56%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    still on number 1.. Could not be happier.. Most awesome phone I have ever owned, thanks palm
    On my fourth Pre. All three previous Pre's have had a myriad of problems stemming from static at the headphone jack. My current Pre has started to become staticy when listening in my car, but doesn't have the other problems: will not auto-backup, thinks headphone jack is plugged in when not, "too many cards" memory problem, sluggish OS, random restarting
    The worst device I ever had!
    Although the GUI is good and advanced, the hardware is of extremely low quality in comparison to any other phone in the market or even any phone sold by sprint.
    This is my 6th phone in 7 months and I am exhausted of having to do these exchanges.
    The technical problem I had are the following:
    Oreo effect X2
    Power on button deffective
    Dead screeen
    Dead earpiece X2

I higly recommend NOT TO BUY the palm pre at east until a more reliable device comes up!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmito View Post
    The worst device I ever had!
    Although the GUI is good and advanced, the hardware is of extremely low quality in comparison to any other phone in the market or even any phone sold by sprint.
    This is my 6th phone in 7 months and I am exhausted of having to do these exchanges.
    The technical problem I had are the following:
    Oreo effect X2
    Power on button deffective
    Dead screeen
    Dead earpiece X2

I higly recommend NOT TO BUY the palm pre at east until a more reliable device comes up!!!!
    dont know what youre talking about I(and apparently the majority of the people in this thread) am on my first, launch day, pre.
    one first pre, however its not perfect
    Wow with the number of complaints about the Pre I have seen on these forums I never would have guess the number of first Pre to be so high. Good Poll
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I had a launch day pre that was fine until December. Then it developed the usb door crack that spread slowly to the screen. I'm on my second pre now that I've babied immensely and the same crack is developing again. I'm way more careful in opening the door with the replacement phone as I didn't know it was that sensitive before, but I don't get it. I always slide the phone, flip it over and use my nail to make sure I'm only moving the usb cover and not the extra plastic piece right next to it and still I get the crack. Any suggestions on how to prevent this would be appreciated as I don't want to become a multi-exchanger. This second phone is pretty good otherwise with no oreo (my first one had horrible oreo but I dealt with it fine). I'm going to hold on for as long as I can as long as the usability isn't affected like it was before. The hardware is frustratingly bad. I would love to get a touchstone to avoid issue, but it won't work with my 2600 battery and cover. I used to count myself as one of the lucky pre owners still on their first one, but it looks like I may be on my third soon enough.
    Almost 9 months on our launch day Pres, still luv'n them...
    I've had my Pre replaced 2 times now.
    1.) Broken volume button
    2.) Broken speaker
    where's the Poll??

And Im still on 0, Launch Day PRE, still running strong......but I also dont nitpick at things much.
    well the poll's right above! :P
    If you poll 100 xbox 360 owners about this same question, I guarantee you'll see a lot of them in the 3-4+ area.

If the hardware package is ****, but the OS/software is pimp...people will keep coming back.
    never,,6 months and still perfect.
    This is like the nth poll like this, the most recent:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ness-test.html
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    This is like the nth poll like this, the most recent:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ness-test.html
    I thought this looked familiar....
    I drink alot and sometimes my Pre is the victim .
    ZERO
    still on my first Pre!!!
    6/16/09!!!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I'm on my 3rd but it looks like the fix provided in the thread below is only temporary. I'm already having more surfing issues

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...st-2006-a.html
    I had only one Pre since launch day till about a month ago... Was having the power button issue.."hard to push" I brought it in to see if they could fix it and they just said heres a new phone! Ha if I would have searched a bit better on P/C I would have fixed it myself and would still be on my first...such is life!
    bought 4 Pre's last month, *crossed fingers*
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast