View Poll Results: How many times have you exhanged your Pre?

Voters
562. You may not vote on this poll
  • None - First Pre and it's been perfect

334 59.43%
  • Once. This is my second Pre.

93 16.55%
  • Twice. This is my third Pre.

60 10.68%
  • Third time's the charm. This is my fourth Pre.

26 4.63%
  • This is my 4th Time. Fifth Pre!! Really?!

19 3.38%
  • This is my 5th Time. SIX Pre exchanges. Wow!

10 1.78%
  • More than 5 times. SEVEN or more! Geez.

20 3.56%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    first pre had it since 6/16 woot!
  2.    #22  
    73% on their original Pre while 27% have exchanged at least once. not bad for 125 votes.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    I'm an OP (original Pre) launch day! While not "perfect" by most standards here (1 dead pixel & small crack under USB cover), it's good enough for me
    I bought a Pre for myself and my GF as well about 2 weeks ago. I'm on my second Pre and she has yet to see anything. My first was constantly rebooting itself. So far so good with #2!
    Bought my first Pre on launch day - first in line, in fact.
    1. Volume down button stopped working & had significant oreo effect from the moment I laid my hands on it. Lifespan: about 3 weeks.
    2. WebOS 1.1 upgrade bricked my phone - probably could have used WebOS Dr if, at the time, I (or Sprint guy) knew about the volume up+power on trick. Lifespan: about 1 month.
    3. Still going strong...ish. I still have oreo effect and there are some bubbles showing up under the screen in the lower right corner (Note these are bubbles under the screen, not under the screen protector.) Lifespan: 2 months and counting.

I thought I was going to end up getting #4 a few weeks ago. Out of the blue I started experiencing the shutdown from closing the slider problem. But Sprint replaced the battery and that fixed it.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    I've had mine for about weeks so far and am still on the same one. I thought I was going to have to replace it because of a software issue when my battery died but between WebOSDoctor and the info here I was able to resurect it.
    Still have my original from July - no problems.
  8. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Assuming that 650K Pres sold ,
    and we represent a fair sample

455K (70%) of us are on the first pre,
    58K (9%) replaced twice.
    Another 58K (9%) replaced thrice.

26K (4%) are on fourth Pre

and 18K of them are on their 7th plus Pre (these folks have some good time to go thru the setup :-) )
  9. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Assuming that 650K Pres sold ,
    and we represent a fair sample

455K (70%) of us are on the first pre,
    58K (9%) replaced twice.
    Another 58K (9%) replaced thrice.

26K (4%) are on fourth Pre

and 18K of them are on their 7th plus Pre (these folks have some good time to go thru the setup :-) )
    had a launch day pre, noticed some serious lcd dleeding/light leak, dead pixels, (about two weeks ago) got it exchanged for a refurb which is crap worse oreo effect, the screen is mis-aligned under the plastic touchscreen, crack by usb port, my 3rd pre should be in tomorrow. Kinda bummed on the hardware quality, I really like this phone. Hoping the one I get tomorrow is better.

off topic I would like to see a Zune HD Phone, think of the possibilities there ;-)
    after all the complaining im surprised about the poll results here. Anyway I'm still on my launch day pre with no issues aside from a very slight oreo wobble.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    I bought a Pre on launch day. Had some Oreo, light leak, resets when closing slider (fixed with paper trick), but otherwise was great. Just yesterday the touch screen stopped responding to touch.

I took it into the Sprint store last night and they exchanged it. The one I got was built late August, doesn't have the new silver button though. Very little Oreo, no light leak, newer battery design, no dead/stuck pixels. The keyboard feels better when typing. The let me keep the old battery so I have an extra.

I'm pleased with the service and the new phone.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    im on my 3rd (bought it lanch date) and my two friends that have them are on there 2nd (bought theres a month later)
    On my fourth Pre.

Launch day Pre (number 14 out the store) had a yellow blotch bleed, but I kept it for almost the full month. Second one was great, including a very tight slider, no oreo. So of course, the phone started to stick in the headset mode - i understand that this is due to problems arising from using the phone as an mp3 player plugged into speakers.

Took number 2 back after 3 months and was told to take a new Pre: only problem was the sprint store's sync machine wasn't working, so bye bye to about 30 pix i had on the phone, including pictures from Kauai, Honolulu and my dad's funeral - ouch!

Pre 3 had a lot of oreo-action, but when I took it out to the car and plugged it in to charge - it said no thanks, not hungry!

Walked back and got my fourth Pre, way less wobble and all things seem to work fine.
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
    Third one, but I've had it a while. First one, the microphone did not work...I would call someone and they did not hear me. Second one, keyboard died. Third one seems pretty good so far. A little bit of the Oreo Twist effect, but not enough to worry about it; that little bit of twist doesn't bother me anymore, which proves I was worrying over nothing.
    going on my 3rd this friday as my
    up volume button died on me!

my first pre had the mysterious
    flower crack happen, now the volume
    button .. 3s a charm?
    I've had my Pre for less than a month, I exchanged it once for dead pixels and a loose slider. This one is still loose but not as loose as the first and there are no dead pixels.
    No problems since purchase 06/19/09 and my major complaint of dialer lag was resolved with 1.2
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    No. 2 on launch day, no system problems, less than 2 freezes. Just waiting to customize it to fit my needs.
    I dropped it from 6 feet onto concrete for the 3rd time and the earpiece quit working if I inserted the headset and removed it. No warranty due to drop had to pay co-pay on Insurance exchange. Sent me a New one in Box all accessories. That makes the deductible a little easier to swallow.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast