Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    So now onto my 4th Pre!

Yup onto my 4th Pre! This one outlasted the others by mile! This one is actually getting replaced due to a issue with the screen flashing black when the gesture area or the screen is touched. Im not sure what is actually causing it but it started happening a few days ago and I just never took it in. I think the tech at my local Sprint just didnt feel like dealing with yet another broken Pre, the lady that was right in front of me was getting one replaced herself!

So the imperfections my current Pre has will now be replaced! Im good, this will make holding out for something new now all the easier! Thanks Sprint!

1st Pre [Broken power button] REPLACED! -> 2nd Pre [Dropped in the toilet] REPLACED! -> 3rd Pre [Screen issues] REPLACED! -> 4th Pre [Heres hoping its not a DUD!]
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    My 1st Pre did what your 2nd Pre did.

After some rice-time it's back on active duty. It's crazy how wildly different the build quality in different batches of Pre seems to be

I -REALLY- hope that HP raises quality testing standards in future phones...
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I hate to jinx myself but my Sprint Pre was perfect and I never had to replace it. I am now using a Plussed Pre for Sprint and it is perfect. My girlfriend has been using her Pre for over a year and no problems. However I do have some oreo going on and I would never dare drop the phone for fear of it never working again.
    Sorry to here about your issues with your Pre, we have 3 Pres in our family that we purchased in June of 09, besides my daughter dropping hers and breaking the power button we've had no problems. Wish I could say the same for my previous LG and Blackberrphones.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    well Im not so upset... hey I get to have a shiny new screen again! :-) I'll just be sure to completely baby this one so when a new WebOS phone comes out available on Sprint I may just sell it! Or just keep it around to play on...
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    I'm on my 7th Pre. The good thing is they let me keep all the batteries and chargers haha.

1st Pre - dropped in glass of iced tea (which actually dried out by the time my replacement came...)

2nd Pre - Had the dreaded "Stuck in headset mode" (long before this was a known issue, therefore used my insurance.)

3rd Pre - Dropped on the ground (had the Seido Innocase attached and the case tab was what actually took a giant piece of plastic off the side of the phone!) DON'T USE THE SEIDO INNOCASE

4th Pre - Extreme hackery rendered it unusable.

5th Pre - Duck duck goose

6th Pre - Banana-rama-dingdong

7th pre - That's the way!
    I'm on my 3rd replacement, and all of my previous Pres had to be replaced because of the dreaded speakerphone issue (phone only works in speakerphone; couldn't be fixed so they replaced them). The only reason I was bummed was for some reason my contacts did not fully restore when I got my first replacement! I lost over 500 phone numbers easily. Still upset about that.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    I'm on my 7th Pre. The good thing is they let me keep all the batteries and chargers haha.

1st Pre - dropped in glass of iced tea (which actually dried out by the time my replacement came...)

2nd Pre - Had the dreaded "Stuck in headset mode" (long before this was a known issue, therefore used my insurance.)

3rd Pre - Dropped on the ground (had the Seido Innocase attached and the case tab was what actually took a giant piece of plastic off the side of the phone!) DON'T USE THE SEIDO INNOCASE

4th Pre - Extreme hackery rendered it unusable.

5th Pre - Duck duck goose

6th Pre - Banana-rama-dingdong

7th pre - That's the way!

Hahaha Please explain 5, 6 and 7!!
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    I am on my one and only launch day Verizon Pre Plus (about a year). No hardware problems and I have two other friends who have had only one Verizon or AT&T Pre Plus. I suspect the build quality on the Pre plus is better than the original Pre.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    I just got my 1st replacement from my original june 12th 2008 pre. HUGE build difference so far! Keyboard is much clickier os is smoother
    are you replacing with 1st gen pres or pre pluses or Pre 2s?
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    OMG now on to my 5th Pre! This one is GARBAGE!! I can not believe that they gave me this piece of crap! The microphone does not work AT all and the speaker sounds like there have been holes punched in it!

I fully expect Sprint to get me a new phone after this!

Well let you all know what happens on tomorrow when I get a new one...
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    dude.

i am experiencing the exact same thing. my 3rd pre lasted a good while. then the screen started flickering and went black for good. they ordered my #4 last monday, i got it thursday, and because i had to get somewhere, i didn't have time to wait for them to do a test call. i was out of the parking lot before the startup finished, when i learned there was no connectivity. just crunchy sounds. so i brought it back this morning and they've ordered #5 to come in monday. BOGUS. no offer for a loaner, over the weekend? when the replacement comes in DOA? they can't just fork over a new phone from a sales location nearby, considering this is #5 and i've had a family plan with sprint for over 10 years????

the pre2 has the same size and res screen from what i hear. i'm hard pressed to stay with the brand.
    FYI: after 5 transfers and one sprint rep who said "i'm the only call center manager here", then proceeded to hang up on me after i requested she transfer me to ANYONE other than her; i got to a guy in the "multiple replacements dept." he's looking into sending me a new unit directly, after i pick up #5 on monday. so #6 may be in my future too.

i didn't know there was a multiple replacements dept., and apparently the reps i talked to first didn't know either. they transfered me to tech supt. twice and argued with me. why? why not send me to the dept. specifically for my situation?

good luck with your #5, cube.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I thought It just had a crappy speakerphone. You mean they don't normally sound like they have holes in the speaker?
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdm2010 View Post
    I thought It just had a crappy speakerphone. You mean they don't normally sound like they have holes in the speaker?
    lol awesome! well hopefully #5 actually sticks! Or I'll be lucky enough to get a NON refurb!
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    My wife is getting her 3rd tomorrow. But both the first two died because she dropped them - or the baby got a hold of it and was smashing it against the floor.

I've had 3. Both went down because I dropped them one too many times.

By the way, the Sprint rep at the store told me a new WebOS phone was coming "very, very, very soon." She said she's been waiting for it because she loves WebOS but couldn't deal with the Pre hardware issues.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Ok Hopefully a conclusion to all this madness! I walked into the Sprint store and they gladly gave me a replacement phone. The rep switched it over in the system and handed it to me for me to log into my Palm Profile... Guess what???

The keyboard DIDNT work!!! That just floored me! But he laughed about it and showed the techs in the back and they all had a good laugh about the whole thing! lol

In either case long story short he promptly gave me a new one and it worked perfectly!

So I am now on Pre #6!!
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    I am on my one and only launch day Verizon Pre Plus (about a year). No hardware problems and I have two other friends who have had only one Verizon or AT&T Pre Plus. I suspect the build quality on the Pre plus is better than the original Pre.
    I went through 4 Pres because of dead pixels, earpieces not working, or people not being able to hear me. I then went through 2 other pixis ... One kept rebooting randomly, one had an earpiece malfunction. I'm on Verizon and the hardware issues from my experience hqe flat out sucked. I love the OS but have hated my experience with the hardware. Here's to hoping for better experiences with future webOS devices!
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    i miss my single digit replacement amount days

i'm currently waiting on lucky number 13 haha, but BECAUSE webOS is so awesome, i plan on sticking with crappy hardware until (hopefully) something new comes out.

1st pre - power button
    2nd pre - power button
    3rd pre - power button (yes three in a row, then it went downhill)
    4th pre - screen lost colors? hard to explain, basically i couldn't see the screen except certain situations like when fandango app was LOADING, very odd
    5th pre - switched AT TIME OF REPLACEMENT, phone modem was messed up
    6th pre - microphone did not work
    7th pre - again, modem would not allow me to activate
    8th pre - speaker did not work
    9th pre - AGAIN, modem would not allow activation
    10th pre - charger area refused to operate over half the time
    11th pre - the weird phone offline mode mixed with super battery drain
    12th pre - same thing as #11 after 2 weeks
    13th pre - hopefully nothing, still waiting (fingers crossed)
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Wish I could say the same for my previous LG and Blackberry phones.
    Oh god, every blackberry ive had has had an issue except two

Pearl 8120 - Perfect
    Bold 9000 1 - Speaker issues
    2 - Perfect
    Storm 9530 - Dust behind screen
    Bold 9700 - Loose trackpad
    Torch 9800 1 - Dead pixels
    2 - Dead pixels
    3 - Buttons by trackpad fell off (they arent separate buttons just a long strip of plastic covering all 4)
    Pearl 9100 1 - tilted trackpad, TY button makes clicky sound
    2 - Loose trackpad, TY button makes clicky sound (im assuming they are all like this)

Id get another 9100 but im not going to bother with my Pre 2 on the way.
    Current: Palm Pre 2
    History: [Palm] Pre Plus - [IOS] iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G - [Blackberry] Pearl 8120, Storm 9530, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9800 - [WP7] HTC HD7S - [WM] HTC Fuze - [Android] HTC Aria
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast