Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I'm having trouble trying to send a mp3 file to my brother through sms. I stored it in my downloads mp3 folder, and I see some other songs i have there. What I did was cut an mp3 down to make it a ringtone that he wanted. When i use internalz i see it in the folder, but when i click the attach file in the sms program, I don't see it, but I see other mp3 that are there, not all of them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Is it a protected song, maybe? If it was one that had copy protection on it, the Pre won't let you send it.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Is it a protected song, maybe? If it was one that had copy protection on it, the Pre won't let you send it.
    The easiest way to check that is to try and play it. The Music Player won't play it if it has any DRM (not even sure if the Music Player sees it).
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Here is a link to the Free Music Ringtone app. Download and install it using WOSQI or Preware.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...al-thread.html

Then you can find the song, download the ringtone without DRM and send it to him via SMS.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    The easiest way to check that is to try and play it. The Music Player won't play it if it has any DRM (not even sure if the Music Player sees it).
    No, it doesn't see them, at all. I had some old iTunes DRM protected songs, forgot which ones they were and put all the songs in my Pre, then I had to delete those ones.
    No, it doesn't see them, at all. I had some old iTunes DRM protected songs, forgot which ones they were and put all the songs in my Pre, then I had to delete those ones.
    That is what I thought. I added some when I first got my Pre in July 09 and I thought they didn't show up, but couldn't remember for sure. I knew they didn't play though.
    That is what I thought. I added some when I first got my Pre in July 09 and I thought they didn't show up, but couldn't remember for sure. I knew they didn't play though.
    There are way to strip them, but being that it's illegal and a PIA, I never bothered.
    There are way to strip them, but being that it's illegal and a PIA, I never bothered.
    That is why I started buying all of my MP3's from Amazon MP3 either on my phone on the go or on my Laptop when home.
    That is why I started buying all of my MP3's from Amazon MP3 either on my phone on the go or on my Laptop when home.
    I just recently used the Amazon App for the first time. I've used the site quite a lot for buying music. There were several Nickelback albums my son wanted and I wanted to make sure they were DRM free, so he could play them on his phone and iPod.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    It plays on the pres media player. Thanks all for your replys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ski21 View Post
    It plays on the pres media player. Thanks all for your replys.
    How large is the file?
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    118kb
    118kb
    Okay, I just spent some time duplicating what you are talking about with a custom mp3 file I use for a ringtone. The music or messaging app cannot see the file unless I put it in the /media/internal/ folder (that is the root of the USB partition). So copy it there and the messaging app will be able to see it. Of course if you leave it there your music player will see it to and include it in a shuffle or continuous play... so I would delete the copy after you have sent it.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I did that. It still shows up in my media player, but not in my messaging app. Not sure what is going on.
    I did that. It still shows up in my media player, but not in my messaging app. Not sure what is going on.
    Can you email the file from Internalz? Tap the file, tap info, then at the bottom left tap email.

You could email it to me and I could see if I could duplicate your issue... and of course you could just email it to your brother.
    That is peculiar. Let me know if any of this works. Otherwise I will have to look harder at this.

My Themes:CLICK HERE