Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just attended an employee meeting and thought I'd share the following:

From Todd Bradley (of the HP Personal Systems Group):

- Starting now and throughout 2011 HP will ship a new smartphone every two months.

- SFR to launch the smallest smartphone ever available next month from HPalm.

Take it for what it's worth...
    I thought HP was still in quiet mode during their securities submission going on now. Either way, this info would make a nice bit at the CES if true. Release new products at that rate keeps your brand fresh and relevant, kinda keeping that honeymoon period alive
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Whoa!
    This could be interesting.
    That's 6 new phones in a year after basically 5 in the last 18 months.
    I'll believe it when I see it.
    Devil Although I want to take this with a grain of salt i'm excited to see if this turns out
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Whoa!
    This could be interesting.
    That's 6 new phones in a year after basically 5 in the last 18 months.
    I'll believe it when I see it.
    This doesn't neccessarily mean 6 new phones, it could be releasing the same or nearly same phone to different carriers/countries every 2 months (IMHO).
    does that mean a Pre2 on a new carrier every two months, or a new model on at least one carrier every two months?
    im in for the "new carrier every 2 months" belief.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Pixi 2 anyone?
    They could mean ship 6 phones in the course of a year yes. But no one said they were different phones... New could just mean New in Package.

Kinda like ebay..

At the rate HP is moving and releaseing news. This is very possible true.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    wooop woop!
    The detail I want to hear more than anything is "how many carriers will launch every month?" They have to reach some level of ubiquity to scale, and they have to do SOMETHING to prevent the angry response that happens when the newest device isn't offered by a particular carrier. Just look at all the Sprint users that want the Pre2 that hasn't even arrived at VZW.
    while yes.. diff carriers may have diff sku's this whole same phone being regurgetated is idiotic... as you dont see the Pre 2 being advertised as different products one on rogers and one on SFR
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I'm with sketch. This suggests different phone models which is in line with rubensteins discussions w kara (shudder) but I see that sfr is getting carrier exclusivity on at least one phone (in france anyway)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
  14. Evansgw
    I really hope this is true. I want to believe.

I assume that the OP add the HPalm mention and that internally they do not refer to themselves as HPalm.
    I'm just curious (@Devil), you're not gonna take any heat for posting this are you?
    Sprint Love
    Okay, so at CES they release the new phone, I get excited, I wait for Bell to say if they're going to carry it. Then Palm releases another phone, I get excited, I wait for Bell to carry it. Then P... you get the picture.

It's great, but I guess I want to know in Jan if there's ONE phone I can get excited about, even if it's coming at the end of 2011 to Bell, I'll know which one I want.

Hmmm.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post

From Todd Bradley (of the HP Personal Systems Group):

- Starting now and throughout 2011 HP will ship a new smartphone every two months.

- SFR to launch the smallest smartphone ever available next month from HPalm.
    - Starting now = Pre 2 on Verizon

- Next month = Pixi 2 on SFR
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Hey jerseydevil, you couldn't go and convince Bradley to come out and say this in public?
    Ok, so Dec is Pre 2 on Verizon, January is Pixi 2 on SFR/Verizon, Feb/Mar Sprint will have some super duper webOS phone? A man can wish...
    Im a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    Okay, so at CES they release the new phone, I get excited, I wait for Bell to say if they're going to carry it. Then Palm releases another phone, I get excited, I wait for Bell to carry it. Then P... you get the picture.

It's great, but I guess I want to know in Jan if there's ONE phone I can get excited about, even if it's coming at the end of 2011 to Bell, I'll know which one I want.

Hmmm.
    Sounds like your beef is with Bell.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast