Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    Ok, so Dec is Pre 2 on Verizon, January is Pixi 2 on SFR/Verizon, Feb/Mar Sprint will have some super duper webOS phone? A man can wish...
    do we really expect a "Pixi2" from Palm? I recall one of their design execs said something in an interview that the wouldn't ever make another display smaller than the Pre. I read that quite a while ago, so I could easily be wrong.
  2.    #22  
    LOL I hope not.

Hoping I'm protected by the anonymity of the web! :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    do we really expect a "Pixi2" from Palm? I recall one of their design execs said something in an interview that the wouldn't ever make another display smaller than the Pre. I read that quite a while ago, so I could easily be wrong.
    Just cause it's smaller doesn't mean the screen is a different size.. Could be a bigger one even
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    LOL I hope not.

Well, you aren't posting from a work computer using work's network, are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    Well, you aren't posting from a work computer using work's network, are you?
    He could be using a Pre 2 to post in the forums

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    LOL I hope not.

if you have ever logged into precentral from a work PC, then they have your records, and know who you are, and will probably take immediate action against you.
    Last edited by scoutcamper; 12/09/2010 at 03:27 PM.
    Palm 3C>>M100>>M500>>Tungsten T5>>Tungsten TX>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>Centro>>Pre>>Pre+>>Pre2
    LOL I hope not.

Unless they said highly confidential you'll be okay. It's not like you posted videos or left your secret phone at the bar.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scoutcamper View Post
    if you have ever logged into precentral from a work PC, then they have your records, and know who you are, and will probably take immediate action against you.
    Way to spook someone who's just trying to help and offer us some information, as we aren't getting any from Palm/HP.

I highly doubt HP would care enough to trawl through every employee's internet browsing histories to find the one person who posted a vague and inconsequential snippet of information. I doubt they care in the slightest.

Perhaps if he'd distributed source code from webOS 2.1 or something it'd be different, but I can't see anyone at HP giving a toss about this. In fact, it's probably such a small rumour that they'd never find out it ever made it out their doors.
    look at apple as an example, when they have a leak, no matter how small, the employee gets canned instantly, becase they cant tolerate leaks of new info.
    Palm 3C>>M100>>M500>>Tungsten T5>>Tungsten TX>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>Centro>>Pre>>Pre+>>Pre2
    what about that blacked out watch thing that one of the execs was wearing in a photo a couple months ago?
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    In fact, it's probably such a small rumour that they'd never find out it ever made it out their doors.
    It would actually be very easy to track just from their router records.

and yes, this was tweeted by PreCentral and Palm and many of its high level employees follow PreCentral. They know already.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    what about that blacked out watch thing that one of the execs was wearing in a photo a couple months ago?
    I think that was nothing more than part of the point they were making about connected devices. You don't think everything in that picture was based on a product already committed to their pipeline, so you?

but, the quote I was thinking of was talking about resolution and not physical size. And it was made by someone that left Palm, so he wasn't speaking for HP.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scoutcamper View Post
    look at apple as an example, when they have a leak, no matter how small, the employee gets canned instantly, becase they cant tolerate leaks of new info.
    HP don't appear to have a corporate culture very similar to Apple.

It would actually be very easy to track just from their router records.

and yes, this was tweeted by PreCentral and Palm and many of its high level employees follow PreCentral. They know already.
    And do you think many of them are going to really care? Personally I don't.

I for one am thankful that people come here to share whatever information they have to share with us. Biting the hands that feed us and scaring people out of sharing with us is going to get us more of the silence we're getting from HP/Palm, which clearly the majority of us are sick of. That's all I'm trying to say here...
    @StevenX

I am glad he shared as well and I wasn't trying to scare him.

I was merely stating the facts.
    well, this does line up with the contracts leak that foxconn received to make about 5-6 devices next year. There is SOME traction to this claim
    I think that was nothing more than part of the point they were making about connected devices. You don't think everything in that picture was based on a product already committed to their pipeline
    I don't know... Weren't there only three things blacked out? Tablet, phone and wrist thing?
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    @StevenX

I am glad he shared as well and I wasn't trying to scare him.

I was merely stating the facts.

Just seemed like people might be jumping down his throat a bit and didn't wanna frighten away the only potential source of information we seem to have just now
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    the wristwatch is the smallest smartphone he is talking about.hmm
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    Biting the hands that feed us and scaring people out of sharing
    You mean like he claims he is doing to Todd Bradley?

Because that's exactly what he did if what he says he heard is even true.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    I just did some checking and discovered that the OP posted from Rubi's office. So we now know who he is, and that Ruby apparently didn't know that's what Palm was planning to do.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 12/09/2010 at 06:04 PM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast