Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My power button popped out and is lost. Is it possible to buy another button for fix and replace?
    Check my sig.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  3.    #3  
    It says, "To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts."

I have 15 posts???
  4.    #4  
    i see it now. is the power button easy to fix?
    Quote Originally Posted by ry94080 View Post
    i see it now. is the power button easy to fix?
    Yes.

There are a few threads on here that document repairing a non responsive one, but i basically pried it out with my fingernails, dropped a piece of eraser in there to better push in the contact, and popped it back in. Took 5 minutes and was very easy. Don't know if there will be more work in getting a whole new button in, but I'd imagine not.

nnb
    My power button popped out and is lost. Is it possible to buy another button for fix and replace?
    First of all, how old is your phone? Maybe you can get it fixed through warranty work before you start fixing it yourself!!
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The button is easy to pop in and out.

I also second the eraser method!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    It says, "To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts."

I have 15 posts???
    try this:

forums.precentral.net/marketplace/260541-palm-pre-parts-thread-3.html#post2738799

and see if that is visible to cut/paste into your browser.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by biggnaa20 View Post
    There are a few threads on here that document repairing a non responsive one, but i basically pried it out with my fingernails, dropped a piece of eraser in there to better push in the contact, and popped it back in. Took 5 minutes and was very easy.
    Thank you! This fixed my long-broken power button... I've been meaning to do something about it for a while, but finally got around to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herb Tarlek View Post
    Thank you! This fixed my long-broken power button... I've been meaning to do something about it for a while, but finally got around to it.
    Yeah, I was leery of taking it to Sprint since most of the technicians around here seem to work on ways to charge you for what should be included in TEP. I read about the fixes a few times and finally got fed up enough with it to try it.

I was kinda bemused at how easy it was.

nnb
    I'd tried the rubber band method, but could only get it to work sporadically, it seemed to slip out of place, very easily. Since using a piece of eraser, a few months ago, I've not had any problem.
    Last edited by verwon; 12/27/2010 at 04:55 PM.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    buy a used pre for parts on ebay?
    My phone took a fall a while ago and hit right on the power button. Since then it has lost its clickiness and it feels more like a touch sensitive button. It works but is real sensitive. Rarely, it will act as though Im holding the button down, bringing up the reset options when Im not or even when its in my pocket. Its kind of annoying. Does the eraser solution fix this too or is that just a fix for when the power button doesnt work at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    My phone took a fall a while ago and hit right on the power button. Since then it has lost its clickiness and it feels more like a touch sensitive button. It works but is real sensitive. Rarely, it will act as though Im holding the button down, bringing up the reset options when Im not or even when its in my pocket. Its kind of annoying. Does the eraser solution fix this too or is that just a fix for when the power button doesnt work at all?
    That's what mine was doing, when it first started dying and that's when I used the eraser fix. Basically when it does that, your button is getting stuck in the down position, like you're pushing it. Never had a problem, after I did the fix.

I just didn't wait for it to completely die.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    That's what mine was doing, when it first started dying and that's when I used the eraser fix. Basically when it does that, your button is getting stuck in the down position, like you're pushing it. Never had a problem, after I did the fix.

I just didn't wait for it to completely die.
    I'll probably try it out one of these days. Thanks.

Edit: Does it give you the "clicky" feeling back or just makes pressing the button more stable?
    No, it's not really clicky, but it works, which is all I was worried about.
    No, it's not really clicky, but it works, which is all I was worried about.
    Just curious. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Just curious. Thanks.
    Very welcome!

I'm sick of the repairs and glitches and will be leaving the Pre behind in a few days.
    Very welcome!

I'm sick of the repairs and glitches and will be leaving the Pre behind in a few days.
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
    I'll stay here on the P|C forums, but I got in on the $99 RadioShack Evo deal and it'll be here Wednesday.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast