Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    i had to get my phone replaced yesterday due to problems i was having with it and i no longer have any ringtones and cant find the app.

HELP
    It's gone from the catalog but still available in IPK form... and it works just fine in WebOS 2.0.x...

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...al-thread.html

Make sure and Thank James Harris, aka spdsktr
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  3.    #3  
    IPK??? im sorry im really lost.

can i still somehow get it or am i pretty much S.O.L.
    Yea, you can still download the app. You'll need to install it with WebOS Quick Install though.
  5.    #5  
    how do i do this??

im not very good with this phone
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    :-o I heard the app was getting pulled but I didnt know that it happened already!!

Quote Originally Posted by porkchop08 View Post
    how do i do this??

Have you ever installed patches or the Quick Installer before?
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post
    :-o I heard the app was getting pulled but I didnt know that it happened already!!

Have you ever installed patches or the Quick Installer before?
    Yea, FMR got pulled a while ago...

OP, you can use these instructions for getting WOSQI installed (and Preware )
    http://en.webos-internals.org/wiki/Application:Preware
  8.    #8  
    no? i have no idea what that is lol.
    how do i do this??

Hmmmm.... where to begin?

First you need a way to install IPK's. You can do it using Palm-Install, WebOS Quick Install or Preware. Probably the easiest way is to begin with the link below.

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...l-v3-14-a.html

Once that is installed and working then you can drag and drop the IPK file (you download from the other link I gave you) into the large open window area in WebOS Quick Install and click the Install button while your phone is connected in "just charge" mode.

Beyond that you can install Preware if you want and really get some mileage out of your phone and do this type of stuff all from your phone.

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...alling_Preware
    no? i have no idea what that is lol.
    heres a link to the WOSQI thread. It'll explain how everything works...

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-coding/228310-webos-quick-install-v3-14-a.html
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Yea, FMR got pulled a while ago...
    Ugh that sucks but I did just read up on what happend, tis a shame... But power to his decision! I never knew because I havent Dr.'d my phone in a long time!

But OP if you have any questions after following the link Garrett (Or PastorRich didnt see him up there! ) gave you... ask!! there are plenty of helpful people on here!
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
  12.    #12  
    okay im going to try this and hopefully i can get this working..if not ill be back

thanks so much everyone!!!
    Better yet, install preware with WOSQI (so you are set for future home brew stuff), then download the zip file from that link, extract it and email the IPK to yourself. Preware can install IPK's from emails!
  14.    #14  
    i gave up.
    i gave up.
    What are you having trouble with?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    i gave up.
    That is too bad... we would have helped you through your questions and still will if you want.

Utilizing those utilities can open up so many new things for your WebOS experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    That is too bad... we would have helped you through your questions and still will if you want.

Utilizing those utilities can open up so many new things for your WebOS experience.
    All too true. Preware will unlock patching and so much more. It really is well worth the effort it takes to get it installed on your phone.

I had thought of organizing a Preware day at my local bar. What I thought of doing is take my notebook and have an open invite to anyone in San Antonio to meet me there and get Preware installed for free on their webOS devices. I'm just lazzy and never followed through with setting it up. + how many San Antonio users are there that would know to stop by and have not installed Preware in the first place?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
  18.    #18  
    i downloaded both things like i was told to do but my computer and my phone couldnt find eachother when i plugged my phone in

i really want to figure it out because i cant stand the ringtones that are on here.
    i downloaded both things like i was told to do but my computer and my phone couldnt find eachother when i plugged my phone in

i really want to figure it out because i cant stand the ringtones that are on here.
    both things? What two things? Where did you put them? Did you put your phone in developer mode?
  20.    #20  
    how do i put it in developer mode. that may be my issue here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast