1.    #1  
    No. my phone is not stuck in headset mode. at least as far as I know. music plays through the speaker when headphones are out. music pauses when I pull them out.. but I can;t hear anything through the regular call speaker, only through the speaker phone speaker.

I might doctor if I can;t figure out what else to do. but I doubt it will do anything. please help.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BAbnkr View Post
    No. my phone is not stuck in headset mode. at least as far as I know. music plays through the speaker when headphones are out. music pauses when I pull them out.. but I can;t hear anything through the regular call speaker, only through the speaker phone speaker.

I might doctor if I can;t figure out what else to do. but I doubt it will do anything. please help.
    Mine does the same thing sometimes, it is the Headset thing, Mine does it coming off the Touchstone sometimes (Not releasing the speaker phone function) I go out to my garage and use the air compressor on it, blow a burst of air in the headset port and you'll be good to go for a while. canned air works good to. Seems like when it gets crap in the headset port it starts to do this.
    Try the compressed air or try cleaning with a Q-tip and WD-40. I agree the problem starts with dirt getting into the headset port and jamming the switch.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...sound-fix.html
    I've discovered that my Pre has a propensity go do this, whenever it is even remotely exposed to moisture, like exiting from my warm apartment into the cold outdoors and vice versa. A few insertions and removals of a headset usually fixes it. I also make sure to clean the jack regularly.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    When this happened to my Pre, I opend the Ringtones and pressed several. After exiting the ringtones the speaker and phone audio worked again. I found this in another post stream here.
    Rick
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I had this happen and tried all the tricks. The software on the phone DID NOT think it was in headset mode, but no sound would come from the from speaker. I ended having to get Sprint to replace it.
    This is really one of the worst annoying issue of Palm Pre!
    Are there any instructions to change the speaker inside?
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeDirte View Post
    I had this happen and tried all the tricks. The software on the phone DID NOT think it was in headset mode, but no sound would come from the from speaker. I ended having to get Sprint to replace it.
    You're right, this isn't headset mode. Question: have you tried running the interactive audio tests yet? See if that brings your earpiece back to life. If not, it looks like repair time.