1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

I've read this thread about restoring my messages, etc.

I'm currently at the initial setup list, but reading another thread was to doctor the phone to the current version. I want to do this right the first time, so what I want to know is:

1. Do I have to doctor the phone before anything?
    2. If I'm doctoring the phone, how do I install Internalz?
    3. Can I follow the original steps in the mentioned thread or do I go here: restoring calls and text messages
    4. What about this? backing up palm profile
    5. Should the phone be in airplane mode?
    6. Anything else?

Please help
  2.    #2  
    I should add that this new replacement isn't activated yet.
    you might want to PM the guy that wrote that other thread. I would never have the guts to try that, but he sounds like he understands that sort of voodoo.

here is another link with some similar info:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2777361
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    You probably already know this from your searching, but this process is a real hit or miss type deal. It worked for me on 2 different replacements, but I believe the people it did not work for outnumber the people it did work for, and when it doesn't work, it goes real bad. I basically let the phone sync with the Palm Profile, copied the entire old USB partition to the new phone, replaced the Palmdatabase.db3, and then restarted the phone. The second time I had to resync Facebook but other than that I had no issues. Take my experience with a grain of salt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Trojan View Post
    1. Do I have to doctor the phone before anything?
    2. If I'm doctoring the phone, how do I install Internalz?
    3. Can I follow the original steps in the mentioned thread or do I go here: restoring calls and text messages
    4. What about this? backing up palm profile
    5. Should the phone be in airplane mode?
    6. Anything else?
    7. Not recommended even if you're attempting this to the same phone, even less recommended to a different phone * proceed at your own risk *
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Ive done that a few times and do all my data but they show in in the wrong places. For example Ill get all my SMS but goes in one thread or contacts are all linked into one. At most I would do with that db3 file is open it with SQL lite to extract certain infos into csv files to properly import.

Totally a hit a miss with it.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  7.    #7  
    Wow, I didn't know that. I'm in the middle of doctoring the phone now. This doesn't raise much hope, even though it's the same phone, wos version.
    what exactly are you trying to accomplish. there may be other methods to accomplish your purpose. what do you want to do that makes you think using the same database file will meet your need?
  9.    #9  
    wooooohhooooo! success! everything's a-ok
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Congrats! Keep an eye on it though, some people have had issues creep up after a successful transplant. I'd say if you make it a couple days, you should be home free.
    One thing you may notice right away is the avatars of those you message no longer show up.
    Last edited by NachoB; 12/20/2010 at 08:27 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    One thing you may notice right away is the avatars of those you message no longer show up.
    Yes! Is there any way to correct it or no?

I'll keep a strict eye on the health of my phone these coming days.
    Joe Trojan, you were attempting to get the messages from the old phone to the new one correct? I need to do this too, let me know what worked for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Trojan View Post
    Yes! Is there any way to correct it or no?

I'll keep a strict eye on the health of my phone these coming days.
    I think I rememer the fix being to reassign a pic to the contact, or removing and re adding that particular contact. It's been a while since I read it.
    Last edited by NachoB; 12/20/2010 at 08:21 PM.

Palm Pre wallpapers
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by pre315 View Post
    Joe Trojan, you were attempting to get the messages from the old phone to the new one correct? I need to do this too, let me know what worked for you.
    Backup old .db3 with QI
    Doctor phone if not already on factory default
    Use QI to send file to replace existing one
    Reboot

Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I think I rememer the fix being to reassign a pic to the contact, or removing and re adding that particular contact. It's been a while since I read it.
    That's going to suck,it's all facebook images.
    did this work for the OP? I'm about to try this because I'm swapping phone. This one lasted the longest, but the volume-up button doesn't work, vzw sent another one.

any last words? This isn't something I've tried before.
    Rod always warned about doing this.
    I did it successfully on the same phone after Dr.
    I think I remember reading bad stories doing it on a different phone.
    But I would try it (keeping a backup for sure).

EDIT: I think it's being worse if the new phone has a different OS version.