1.    #1  
    if any one is interested I was able to remove the camera from my pre
    For what purpose?
    security
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Why not just get a dummy phone with a google voice # that you can switch back and forth... ? Or just setup call forwarding to a dummy phone. I would rather do that than deface my Pre... However lacking the hardware may be...
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    I dont get it...
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    security
    Removing the camera alone wouldn't make the Pre safe for any secure environment I have worked in. The best you could carry is a receive only pager (and that was still scrutinized!)
    some gov workplaces insist on removal of camera and prohibit all cameras on facility. I can't take my pre in to work since it has a camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    some gov workplaces insist on removal of camera and prohibit all cameras on facility. I can't take my pre in to work since it has a camera.
    Ok, that makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Ok, that makes sense.
    Yeah, the OP didn't spell that out in any way and the two replies to my post had me scratching my head until I considered it from that angle (because neither one of those posts spelled it out either).

The practice is also common in many corporate locations where R&D take place as well as various types of testing.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    How'd you do it? there is another post asking the same thing, but I don't think he had any success.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pi...ng-camera.html

Do you have a tutorial or pictures?

nnb
    How did you prove to those checking that the camera was removed? Seems black paint over the lens would have served the same purpose.