1.    #1  
    A month ago, I dropped my Pre for the last time before the touchscreen stopped working. I ended up going away for about a month, so I didn't need the phone but I was still mad that I broke it.

Anyway, the first cool thing to happen was I called Sprint and told them I wasn't going to use the phone for the month of November just to let them know. They ended up telling me that i could turn off my service temporarily for a month and only pay $10 instead of the usual $90. I was unaware that you could do this which is good to know.

Next, after I got home and went to Sprint to get a replacement Pre (which honestly as much as I love this phone, I am ready to switch because of how much Palm has disappointed me). Before going on a rant, I'll finish my story. So this Sprint store was not a corporate store so I didn't think I would have such luck, but it turned out to be better. They had one Pre in stock (refurbished) and swapped it with mine for free! I didn't have to pay the $100 deductible as Sprint, just 3 weeks prior, changed their policy to where you have to pay the $100 if the Pre is water damaged, and mine was not. If I went to replace the Pre one month earlier before I went away, I would have had to pay the deductible! I also was hesitant to spend the $100 when I really want a new phone.

The Pre is not doing it for me anymore. The reason I stayed with it is the Touchstone of course! I simply can't get over how convenient it is to have that in my car. I know people have modified their new devices to work with the touchstone, so I will have to do that as well, because this Pre has to go. I need more storage space, a faster processor (as the 1gHz overclock is not cutting it), better resolution, HDMI out, better camera, but at the same time, I don't want a 4" screen! A little bigger than the Pre's screen would be perfect. If the screen on the Pre took up the whole top instead of losing an inch between the earpiece and the pointless silver button, then that size screen would be perfect. It's something about the huge EVO and the oversized EPIC keyboard that is keeping me from those devices.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    just get the evo man. that's the way most smartphones are going anyway; that or just stick with blackberry.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Maybe we should chug on over to mamby-pamby land where maybe we can find some confidence for you, you jackwagon.
    Ok, the quote was in jest - and should only be taken that way.

Honestly, I'm not sure how someone NEEDS the list of stuff that you mentioned, but I'll take you at your word.

I'm truly chomping at the bit hard, personally. I want a new phone / hardware - and a Pre Plus transplant (Sprint user here) / Pre2 won't cut it for me. Those were just cheap band-aids.

The thing that truly keeps me with the Pre, is WebOS. WebOS is an absolutely fascinating and powerful - yet very open - operating system. Yeah, it gets a little huffy-puffy sometimes - but I think that HP/alm is working to get that righted.

Don't take anything I said as a flame - it wasn't meant as one (even though it might have looked similar to one).
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Trojan View Post
    just get the evo man. that's the way most smartphones are going anyway; that or just stick with blackberry.
    Well, I stated that the EVO is too big and I'm not sure where you came up with sticking with blackberry, when i have never owned one, and never will. I'm waiting for something smaller than the EVO and EPIC to come out with all of the same features.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by rposa View Post
    Ok, the quote was in jest - and should only be taken that way.

Honestly, I'm not sure how someone NEEDS the list of stuff that you mentioned, but I'll take you at your word.

I'm truly chomping at the bit hard, personally. I want a new phone / hardware - and a Pre Plus transplant (Sprint user here) / Pre2 won't cut it for me. Those were just cheap band-aids.

The thing that truly keeps me with the Pre, is WebOS. WebOS is an absolutely fascinating and powerful - yet very open - operating system. Yeah, it gets a little huffy-puffy sometimes - but I think that HP/alm is working to get that righted.

Don't take anything I said as a flame - it wasn't meant as one (even though it might have looked similar to one).
    I like that GEICO quote! Man, do I sound like that depressing guy on the couch? If that's the case, throw the tissue box at my head...
    You will have to switch carriers if you want a phone with all of this in a sub 4" size.
  7.    #7  
    Or just deal with the Pre until that type of phone comes out for Sprint, which I'm expecting to happen in the next few months.