1.    #1  
    Hey guys & gals

I am sure I remember some time ago on PreCentral or one of the forums I noticed there was a way to create an Speed Dial Icon for your contacts as an app icon, so you can call someone with a single click.

I can find it now that I need it though.....

Can anyone point me to the right direction please?
    Thanks
    Vas
    Are you looking for the application called LaunchPoint? It allows you to do that, I've used it. You can set it to dial a number, send an email or send a text message.

It's in the app catalog.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Are you looking for the application called LaunchPoint? It allows you to do that, I've used it. You can set it to dial a number, send an email or send a text message.

It's in the app catalog.
    Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I think I saw a way to create an icon from a photo which would then by tapping it call the speed dial you assign to it. I will check your suggestion though.
    Many thanks
    Vas
    You can "Add Contact to Launcher" within the menu of a contact. It doesn't dial them directly, simply opens up their contact entry where you can choose how to contact them. Completely redundant. I don't know of a way to set the icon to dial, but that would be some excellent functionality to add.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    I highly recomend LaunchPoint, I couldnt use my phone without it. Actually I have a Pre2 now and Launchpoint wont work since 2.0 changes things. I cant wait for Launchpoint to get updated.