Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    So I was running Save/Restore, and just as it finished saving, I got that dreaded "You need to restart and sign back in..." message. So my profile has been wiped for the second time in my Pre lifetime. Not a big deal since I did get the Save/Restore run just beforehand. I'm not using the right keywords to search the site, so could someone point me to step by step instructions on how to use restore my phone using Save/Restore after the phone has been blanked?
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Ok, never found it, but from piecing together a few posts, I think I figured it out:

1. Sign into profile, let it load everything.
    2. I assume if you have a brand new Pre, now would be the time to copy your old USB drive over.
    3. I thought paid apps should have loaded on their own, but I had to go manually download them again. Either way, make sure they're there.
    4. Install Preware.
    5. Install Save/Restore
    6. In Preware, use the 'Saved Package List' to reinstall your patches/homebrew apps.
    7. Run the restore from Save/Restore.

I appear to be back in business, minus my texts (which Save/Restore puts in a nice HTML file) and backlog of email, which was convenient, but not a big deal.