1.    #1  
    I've been a Palm user for years...from Palm Pilot to Treo to Centro now Palm Pre ... I had over 3000 memos that grew over the years... I built my own "knowledge base" of "everything" by entering keywords into each memo... I'm going to miss it dearly as the new Palm OS memo does not...as I'm sure everyone knows by now... does not use categories nor allow any search of memos by keywords. Is there a 3rd party program available that anyone recommends that uses a simple txt format with unlimited categories and search able contents...that would be fantastic.. ( otherwise I love the Web OS )
    I've been using Simplenote on the Web, and the Noted! app for Pre. There aren't categories but everything is searchable.

Evernote is another option but the app was just too slow and unreliable for me.
    You can search Memo's.

Open the app, then start typing your search.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I use Notes by Inglorious Apps and it does everything. It has categories, you can set alarms. Best of all, you can have it sync to Google docs. Just like in the Memo's app, you can also search from the main screen within the app. It's a really well done app.
    I use Pocket Mirror to sync memos with Outlook so I can maintain categories in outlook.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmitri View Post
    I've been using Simplenote on the Web, and the Noted! app for Pre. There aren't categories but everything is searchable.

Evernote is another option but the app was just too slow and unreliable for me.
    I just started using Simplenote and it works as advertised - simple note keeping. It does offer the ability to use tags which would help facilitate the OP's need for searching, though I haven't tooled around with Noted! enough to know if the tags transfer to the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    You can search Memo's.

This. The webOS notes works *better* than the old PalmOS notes as it supports full text searching. Your old "category" now becomes obselete as the whole note is a category.

Problem it seems is that unless webOS users get a "visual queue", they just assume you can't search. With webOS, remember...Just Type. =)
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    You can search Memo's.

Ya know I never knew that!
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
  9.    #9  
    I'll be dam......the Palm Tech support crew on 3 calls didn't point this out..or they did and and it just didn't penetrate my this skull...
  10.    #10  
    You guys are great..!!! This is good news....now has anyone ever experienced trouble exporting large amounts of Memos from the old OS to the new?. I have over 3000 memos I've gathered over the years now on my old Centro. The export file was 2 meg and for whatever reason we could never get them to transfer over to the Pre. (I am now syncing to the Web not the PC) When all the steps were completed and I restarted the Pre, the memo app just kept locking up....just the cork board background with push pins, no icon for new memos and no drop down menu. Now that I know they are indeed search-able I'm tempted to try this again.. .any tips as I attempts this yet a 4th time....?
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    This. The webOS notes works *better* than the old PalmOS notes as it supports full text searching. Your old "category" now becomes obselete as the whole note is a category.
    You could search the PalmOS notes AND use categories. Imagine that!
  12.    #12  
    any chance I can get my 3000 memo out of the Centro into the Inglorious Notes? this little app looks great and I like the way it sync with Google docs.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhaub View Post
    You guys are great..!!! This is good news....now has anyone ever experienced trouble exporting large amounts of Memos from the old OS to the new?. I have over 3000 memos I've gathered over the years now on my old Centro. The export file was 2 meg and for whatever reason we could never get them to transfer over to the Pre. (I am now syncing to the Web not the PC) When all the steps were completed and I restarted the Pre, the memo app just kept locking up....just the cork board background with push pins, no icon for new memos and no drop down menu. Now that I know they are indeed search-able I'm tempted to try this again.. .any tips as I attempts this yet a 4th time....?
    If you imported 3000 memos into the pre then you need to wait a bit. Once opening the Memos app after an export the app has to index them and it could take it bit but they will eventually pop up. Leave the app open overnight and by morning they should show one way or another.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    any chance I can get my 3000 memo out of the Centro into the Inglorious Notes? this little app looks great and I like the way it sync with Google docs.

Sync the Centro to Outlook and then can use a variety of 3rd party apps like Gsyncit to sync the outlook notes into Google Docs. Now Notes syncs to a specific directory in google docs so afterwards it will be just a point of using the import feature of the Notes app to put them onto the pre.

Im using Notes from Inglorious Apps and absolutely loving it!
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  15.    #15  
    Originally I waited two days and then decided to dump everything and start over fresh..the app was simply locked up...however, today I broke up the memos on desktop app into 3 groups of a thousand each and imported one of them. I wish it was as easy to import them into NOTES by Inglorious. That auto synch with Google is great and I can scan a list much easier than I can with the Pre version that now uses those huge icons showing only a few character of the 1st line in the memo. (bad idea) Not a convenient way to scan a large list of items. But I can see now at some point I'll be back in biz..it going to take some time.
    Originally I waited two days and then decided to dump everything and start over fresh..the app was simply locked up...however, today I broke up the memos on desktop app into 3 groups of a thousand each and imported one of them. I wish it was as easy to import them into NOTES by Inglorious. That auto synch with Google is great and I can scan a list much easier than I can with the Pre version that now uses those huge icons showing only a few character of the 1st line in the memo. (bad idea) Not a convenient way to scan a large list of items. But I can see now at some point I'll be back in biz..it going to take some time.
    True a list view could help, but remember you don't need to "see" more than a few chars because if you even remotely know what you are looking for and "just type" that in...the matching results will be returned instantly.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I've been a Palm user for years...from Palm Pilot to Treo to Centro now Palm Pre ... I had over 3000 memos that grew over the years... I built my own "knowledge base" of "everything" by entering keywords into each memo... I'm going to miss it dearly as the new Palm OS memo does not...as I'm sure everyone knows by now... does not use categories nor allow any search of memos by keywords. Is there a 3rd party program available that anyone recommends that uses a simple txt format with unlimited categories and search able contents...that would be fantastic.. ( otherwise I love the Web OS )
    You should check out ClassicNote by Seppel.

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post2095605

There is even a way to import your old Memo's.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47