Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Just replaced my Pre on Sprint which got dropped too many times through the equipment protection plan. Now I'm switching phones and a few things aren't working right. Anybody out there been through this before?

First, the profile syncing...it got stuck, syncing the Google profile for hours. And a lot of my contacts over on the old phone aren't on my new ones, even if I had them in my Palm Profile. Any idea how to fix this? I restarted my phone, but we'll see....

Second, the All Inboxes isn't available in the e-mail app. I went into the preferences and toggled the option off and then on again, and it's still not there. Again, I'm hoping the restart fixes it.

Finally, the guy at the Sprint store said I should back up everything on the old phone, then just overwrite everything on the new one. Do you think that's a good idea?

Thanks,

Scott
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    FYI, the restart did fix the All Inboxes problem.

But I still don't have most of my Contacts since they were mostly in my Palm profile.

And regarding the other data I might be missing, my Chat logs are all gone, which means I'm missing some pictures of my son that other people took and sent to me.
    do you still have your old phone? It's possible that it wasn't backing up your profile properly.
    My wife got a replacement and lost all her contacts. We even click "Back up data" before handing the phone. We she re-signed into her profile. No contacts. I was on the phone with Sprint and Palm for hours. Nothing. My wife was furious to say the least.
    We now have Google set as the default. Palm says they can restore the phone from previous back ups. But still didn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by shalgrim View Post
    And regarding the other data I might be missing, my Chat logs are all gone, which means I'm missing some pictures of my son that other people took and sent to me.
    You will have to get those off your old phone. If you haven't deleted them, go through the messages and find the pics you want to save. Tap on the pic and select View, then Copy To Photos. When you plug in your Pre as a USB drive, they will be saved in the 'Messaging' folder. Any videos and pictures you've taken will be in the Palm100 folder inside the DCIM folder too.