1.    #1  
    My pre's keyboard doesn't always work. Usually for it to work I have to type two letters, then close the slider and the letters will appear. I have to keep doing this in order to write a message or anything. But sometimes it works normally. For example, I took it to Sprint yesterday and it decided to work so they wouldn't fix it or swap it. I have doctored it, I used the webos repair utility, and I cleared everything out of the phone. And it still didn't work until I got to the store. But I guess what I'm asking is what is the problem? Is there anything I can do to fix it?
    my keyboard i wonky too. it has died completely which lasted for a week and then it just started working again. but right now my space bar button takes two long hard presses, and i occasionally have problems with keys repeating. I have no clue how to fix it either but i feel your pain. It's one of the reasons i'm looking forward to a phone with a virtual keyboard. Amazingly, a physical keyboard used to be a strong selling point.
    that's the kind of wacky thing where you doctor the phone to make sure it's not a software glitch, and then you call the carrier and make them replace it.

I think that's the first time I ever heard of someone having to close the slider for keystrokes to register. That's one for the blooper reel, for sure!
  4.    #4  
    Yea it's annoying how I have to type two letters and close the slider for it to register. And I have to do this over and over unless I use the virtual keyboard patch. It's working right now but it doesn't work more often then it does.
    Have you tried to have it repaired? Check out the following link:

http://forums.precentral.net/cdma-no...-replaced.html
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
  6.    #6  
    Yes I went to Sprint yesterday and they wouldn't fix it because they couldn't find anything wrong with it. Yet it still doesn't work most of the time. I was playing with the phone for awhile at the store to try to get it to not work. But as son as I got home it decided to not work again.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Same here on VZW phone... keyboard presses don't always take or there is a delay before the key press character appears. I'm on the latest pre v2.0 OS (1.4.5?).