Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    So yesterday I had to travel for a family event from San Antonio to Waco up I-35. Those of you who live in Texas – or have lived in Texas – will understand the importance of that reference. (3 ˝ hours both ways in one day, I might add.) First time I’ve traveled with my Pre. TransGuide says there’s a wreck in New Braunfels and the highway is closed. So I check Google maps and yep, there’s that red line. But it was short. Nice to know. I took a picture of the backed up traffic and emailed it to a relative so they’d know if we were late. Then I discover that Google maps moves with you if you watch it! Cool! Then, since I know there’s a cold front coming, and this is a funeral, I check Weather Dashboard and Weather Channel, and with the GPS, it knows where I am all the time, too! Tells me what the temperature is where I am! I’m really liking this phone! I had already sent the directions to my phone, so we didn’t get lost. Even my husband is getting impressed. Now, this may be a big yawn to those of you who have used all the bells and whistles, but this was a first for me (OK, I’m slow), and I love what it can do! (On the way back, my battery was dying, so I didn’t check traffic, otherwise it would have told us that South Austin was backed up, and there was a mess in San Marcos because there were grass fires by the side of the road.)

    Gotta love I-35.


    I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
  2. #2  
    Good to see a story in which the Pre actually does its job.
  3. #3  
    Awesome! Sounds like you'll be all set in the future with a spare battery or car charger.

    I've lived in my current location for almost a year, but haven't explored much. I've found myself using SprintNav many times and it's never let me down.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  4.    #4  
    I actually do have a car charger, but I forgot it - it's in my car, and we took the truck (perfect for crossing the grassy strip to get to the access road!).


    I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
  5. #5  
    Then you're all set!

    I remember the first time I was trying to find the Cardiac Center, I had no idea whereit was. Looked for quite awhile, then finally turned on the navigation and was there in a few minutes.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  6.    #6  
    What an awful time to be lost! God bless technology!


    I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
  7. #7  
    Exactly! That was an appointment I couldn't risk missing.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  8.    #8  
    I've posted 200!


    I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
  9. #9  
    Yay! Congrats!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisys Mom View Post
    I actually do have a car charger, but I forgot it - it's in my car, and we took the truck (perfect for crossing the grassy strip to get to the access road!).
    I have put Touchstones in all my vehicles just for that reason. Thanks for the great success story.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisys Mom View Post
    So yesterday I had to travel for a family event from San Antonio to Waco up I-35. Those of you who live in Texas – or have lived in Texas – will understand the importance of that reference. (3 ˝ hours both ways in one day, I might add.) First time I’ve traveled with my Pre. TransGuide says there’s a wreck in New Braunfels and the highway is closed. So I check Google maps and yep, there’s that red line. But it was short. Nice to know. I took a picture of the backed up traffic and emailed it to a relative so they’d know if we were late. Then I discover that Google maps moves with you if you watch it! Cool! Then, since I know there’s a cold front coming, and this is a funeral, I check Weather Dashboard and Weather Channel, and with the GPS, it knows where I am all the time, too! Tells me what the temperature is where I am! I’m really liking this phone! I had already sent the directions to my phone, so we didn’t get lost. Even my husband is getting impressed. Now, this may be a big yawn to those of you who have used all the bells and whistles, but this was a first for me (OK, I’m slow), and I love what it can do! (On the way back, my battery was dying, so I didn’t check traffic, otherwise it would have told us that South Austin was backed up, and there was a mess in San Marcos because there were grass fires by the side of the road.)

    Gotta love I-35.
    That's great. I could post stories by the hundreds of when my trusty Pre has saved the day. I particularly love when I can out shine iPhone and Android users by running circles around their phones (despite that they are all faster in raw speed, and I'm stock )
  12. #12  
    great story. next trip you can turn on the mobile hot spot so your kids can watch youtube videos and check their facebook!
  13. #13  
    I-35 is ridiculous. I go up I-35 from Arlington to Denton for classes Tuesday & Thursday mornings and regret it every day. Traffic at the 30/35/287 interchange is ludicrous. Needless to say my Pre (Plussed now actually) with Sprint Nav really makes my trip much easier. There are times when I get stuck in traffic and need a quick route around it and fire up SprintNav to route my way around. I love being able to do multiple things at once.

    Also, I'd like to note that I drove to Freeport this summer and used my Pre the whole way there and back for the GPS and had no problems at all. <3

    And as a side note, try Weatherbug. $.99 is a great investment for a great app that has alot more than WeatherChannel had.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    great story. next trip you can turn on the mobile hot spot so your kids can watch youtube videos and check their facebook!
    Unfortunately, no MHS (ATT), and fortunately, no kids.


    I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    That's great. I could post stories by the hundreds of when my trusty Pre has saved the day. I particularly love when I can out shine iPhone and Android users by running circles around their phones (despite that they are all faster in raw speed, and I'm stock )
    Go ahead and take the dive into over-clocking....you will discover a NEW world of greatness from your 1ghz Pre!

Posting Permissions