1.    #1  
    My Pre is strarting to have some serious behavior problems. It will lose power when sliding the screen closed on occasion. It has become difficult to answer incoming calls, if I even receive them. I have tried to doctor it, the problems persist. It would seem that my only course of action is to pursue a replacement. However, with the Pre no longer listed online, I want to know if I can still get it replaced.

e_t
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    I just went to Sprint a week ago. They replaced the phone. It did take a day to order, but they replace it. It will be a refurb. Good luck!
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    I'd say yes, I recently got a refurbished Pre Plus from Verizon as a replacement device.
    We did an in-store Asurion replacement on my wife's Pre+ just a few days ago. They had plenty here in the Houston area.
    first, the random power off when closing the slider is a known issue of the battery n.ot fitting properly. There are threads around hear about wedging a piece of a business card under the battery. If you can't make that work, make verizon replace your battery.

second, verizon will have replacement phones available generally for two years after they stop selling them because that's how long your contract goes. They just recently ran out of centros...
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I have a friend that went into a Verizon store on Wednesday night to get her Pre Plus replaced. They didn't have any in stock there, but they FedEx'd it to her and she got it on Friday.
    yep. I will have one delivered to me on tomorrow.

they won't always carry replacements in the stores, but they will be able to ship one to arrive within 48 hours for a long time. That's what they pay assurion for.
    they said they would replace mine but I'm still deciding. Not sure I want a refurb that could have the same probs or better yet be worse !

mine has big time keyboard issues and NO gps , even after all the patches and fixes.
    I've had many refurbs over the years. generally they have been better than the new ones. that's been true for my Pre+, and the Centro before that. The Treo was unbreakable, so I never had to replace it.

if they send you a refurb that is worse, make them keep sending them until you get one that doesn't have any problems (other than a lame gps).
    yeah but the pain of getting everything back to the way it is now .... Unsure
    if you use save/restore and the saved package list in preware... it's a breeze!
  12.    #12  
    Yeah, I know about the bat issue. I am hoping to get a replacement however. My screen has a few dings and the USB door has come off.

e_t
    Quote Originally Posted by Delawareduff View Post
    they said they would replace mine but I'm still deciding. Not sure I want a refurb that could have the same probs or better yet be worse !

mine has big time keyboard issues and NO gps , even after all the patches and fixes.
    If the refurb has any problems they'll replace it.
    I just went through two to get a good one through Verizon. The first one had a dead feeling keyboard, meaning the keys weren't clicky and while they worked there was no tactile feedback to let me know the key had been pressed, it was most prevalent in the space bar and the keys surrounding it.
    It also had an oreo effect going on.

The 2nd replacement was rock solid. THey gave me 0 issues with replacing the replacement, sent it immediately and I then sent the two defective phones back on the same day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delawareduff View Post
    yeah but the pain of getting everything back to the way it is now .... Unsure
    Between my palm profile and google it took less than an hour to get myself back up and running. Took about 15 minutes to restore the 43 patches I'm running too.

So under 2 hours wasn't bad. It would have taken me longer to set up a new phone with a different OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    if you use save/restore and the saved package list in preware... it's a breeze!
    How does that work exactly? Make a save/restore back up, install Preware and save/restore then reinstall from the Saved package list? Or is there something more to that?

Also, any suggestions on backing up App Catalog apps that aren't available anymore in the catalog, or will those still reinstall from server back ups with the Palm profile?

I'd like to know since I haven't actually had to do this yet but probably will need to soon for a Pixi.
    Why wedge anythig into the phone to make the battery fit better when it is a known issue. I would take it back and either have it replaced or have waranty work done to it. My pre's screen just got fixed last week under a known issue with the screen spider cracking. If they won't help you call Palm(HP) they should!!(1-866-219-7445) Palm Help Line/Technical Support.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    On the battery issue, I cut a business card down and put it between the battery and the back cover. Problem solved. A simple fix that doesn't affect the form or function of the phone is just too easy, compared to going through the replacement/refurb phone aggravation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keldog View Post
    On the battery issue, I cut a business card down and put it between the battery and the back cover. Problem solved. A simple fix that doesn't affect the form or function of the phone is just too easy, compared to going through the replacement/refurb phone aggravation.
    Would you fix your brand new car the same way? LOL
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by shabby71 View Post
    Would you fix your brand new car the same way? LOL
    Chevy or Lexis?