Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My mom is on AT&T and used a recent upgrade on some Samsung phone that was a piece of junk. The salesman called it an entry level smartphone, but it was terrible. Whoever thought of widgets needs to be shot. What a horrible idea. Anyway, she's not very tech savvy, so I tried to help her figure out how to use it when she was visiting over Thanksgiving. We ended up going to an AT&T store, and after I looked at all their phones, I showed her the Pre. It has way more on it than she'll ever use, but the OS is so simple, I know she won't have problems using it. She figured out more on the Pre with 5 minutes of fiddling in the store than 2 weeks on that Samsung thing. She is back home now and is taking her phone back on Monday to exchange it for the Pre. There, HP/Palm. You doggedly REFUSE to give me the Pre 2, but I just did YOU a favor and sold one of your phones for you...something you're terrible at. Better yet, I sold it to a 64 year old woman who has never owned anything but a basic flip phone. Merry Christmas.
    as long as she is a busy mom, it will be perfect for her. It's also a great phone for creepy ladies...
    the phone for moms?

I think verizon is the carrier for you...

yeah yankboy, that route didn't work too well for vzw and palm...yet you pulled it off.

ha
  4.    #4  
    Well, I'm happy to promote a phone with the best OS on the planet. Just wish all parties involved with the Pre/Plus/2 felt the same way.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    My mom also had a samsung phone... it was my old instinct. She knew nothing about the phone except to make a phone call. I showed her my pre and she seemed to like it... then i showed her the pixi and she liked that even more! So i upgraded her to a pixi and she was apprehensive at 1st. then i showed her all the features gps, txt, web, apps. now u have to understand that my mother is 65 years old and i've never seen her text ever. Now we cant get her to put the dam phone down! its good to see the features that i pay for finally getting used! If my mom can use the pixi anybody can! also i think its easy for them cause you don't really have to close the cards so she just keeps the cards open she uses and never really has to use the menu! i'm happy for her that she can actually get some enjoyment out of such a great phone! i hope that whatever hp comes out with next they keep people like these in mind. also i got my friend a pixi too and he loves it too! he has never owned a smartphone before and i can't seperate him also from his phone. i have to be honest though i am getting a little tired of waiting for the next device that is coming. my pre looks like it has been thru a war. 1st gen pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    There, HP/Palm. You doggedly REFUSE to give me the Pre 2
    No, actually they don't. You can get one here; clear as day. Verizon is the issue, not HP/Palm. Quit generalizing that. Seriously.
    A little off topic but whats your problem w/ widgets? Its just a shortcut to your app!
    Dont get me wrong I love WebOs, but Android has way more features and is WAY faster than Webos.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

glad you helped your mom out samsung phones are just bad in general and forget about updates coming to samsung phones they take forever if they ever release them at all
    umm is she buying a pre 2 from hp directly ?? or is she going to buy a pre plus from att ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    A little off topic but whats your problem w/ widgets? Its just a shortcut to your app!
    Dont get me wrong I love WebOs, but Android has way more features and is WAY faster than Webos.
    I just didn't like it. I'd try to move a widget and instead of moving, it would open. Plus, it clutters up the "desktop" of the phone.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    umm is she buying a pre 2 from hp directly ?? or is she going to buy a pre plus from att ?
    AT&T Pre Plus.
    Samsung has that stupid TouchWiz thing with widgets going on. It's stupid and it's their idea of "cool". It's cool for about 5 minutes but then you realize instead of tapping on stuff you end up moving it or worse moving it back to the dashboard thing where you have to drag it out. And if you run out of room you have to drag something back into the dashboard and add something to your desktop. It's flashy, but not useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    as long as she is a busy mom, it will be perfect for her. It's also a great phone for creepy ladies...
    Nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by zealster View Post
    Samsung has that stupid TouchWiz thing with widgets going on. It's stupid and it's their idea of "cool". It's cool for about 5 minutes but then you realize instead of tapping on stuff you end up moving it or worse moving it back to the dashboard thing where you have to drag it out. And if you run out of room you have to drag something back into the dashboard and add something to your desktop. It's flashy, but not useful.
    You have 7 pages its just like having your launcher auto open, just dont put any widgets on page 4 (default when you hit the home button)and its just like webOs except you dont have to swype up. Wow i just realized that saves a step over webOs! Only put your most used apps on the other 6 pages then go to Apps icon when you need something rare.

Ps. No need to move widgets around just be on the page you want it on when you set it.

I love webOs but there are way too many other OS haters here. Remember its not all about you. not everybody likes what you like. Take me for an example I despise Fords but I dont believe they will go out of business or change things based on my opinion.

No matter which OS is better theres no disputing that there are just more useful apps on the other platforms at least for a few more years.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

You have 7 pages its just like having your launcher auto open, just dont put any widgets on page 4 (default when you hit the home button)and its just like webOs except you dont have to swype up. Wow i just realized that saves a step over webOs! Only put your most used apps on the other 6 pages then go to Apps icon when you need something rare.

Ps. No need to move widgets around just be on the page you want it on when you set it.

I love webOs but there are way too many other OS haters here. Remember its not all about you. not everybody likes what you like. Take me for an example I despise Fords but I dont believe they will go out of business or change things based on my opinion.

No matter which OS is better theres no disputing that there are just more useful apps on the other platforms at least for a few more years.
    Nobody in this thread is posting anything flammable against Android. The OP and zealster are criticizing Samsung's UI. For zealster, Yankboy and Yankboy's mom Samsung's ideas didn't work out. For you it does. It's a matter of preference.
    Why would anyone like a Porsche over a Kenworth? The Kenworth has way more gears, and more power.

It's not a matter of speed and features, it's a matter of what a person wants to do with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    ...not very tech savvy...a 64 year old woman who has never owned anything but a basic flip phone.
    Sounds to me you should of just talked her into getting another flip phone...just sayin'.
    Did you only show her the Pre or did you show her the Pixi as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Why would anyone like a Porsche over a Kenworth? The Kenworth has way more gears, and more power.

It's not a matter of speed and features, it's a matter of what a person wants to do with it.
    Awkward analogy aside, what is someone going to with a Pre that they can't do with an Android phone?
    Love wigets

Sent using taptalk.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast