Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    I liked the touchstone at first, but I seemed to draw the conclusion that it doesn't run the phone without using the battery while charging the battery, it just charges the battery and the phone runs off the charge when on the touchstone...

I don't remember where, but I heard it's bad for your phone's battery (ruins the battery faster).

Of course, the average user enjoys the ease of use. I just think that plugging in the cable is only 2 seconds more work.

Maybe a solar touchstone w/ a battery and doesn't necessarily need to be plugged into anything...I could see uses for that.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    I have 1 and love it. If you want to use it as a dock for playing/streaming music, it's perfect. Get one!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by JLegacy View Post
    I liked the touchstone at first, but I seemed to draw the conclusion that it doesn't run the phone without using the battery while charging the battery, it just charges the battery and the phone runs off the charge when on the touchstone...

I don't remember where, but I heard it's bad for your phone's battery (ruins the battery faster).

Of course, the average user enjoys the ease of use. I just think that plugging in the cable is only 2 seconds more work.

Maybe a solar touchstone w/ a battery and doesn't necessarily need to be plugged into anything...I could see uses for that.
    WRONG ON THESE POINTS

1. The Touchstone supplies a charging current of a couple of hundred mA whilst running programs. More to a flat battery.

2. The battery technology used in the Pre battery is not adversely affected by being kept fully charged.
    Yes.

Modern smartphones (in fact tiny PCs) don't get the 1 week (and more) battery life our old feature phone had - so they need recharging all the time. Why fiddle around with a cable, if you can just put it on a TS?

Also - all those reports about hairline screen fractures coming from the USB port?
    Not a problem if you almost never have to use the USB port.

Unlike my Pre (which is still the one I got on german launch day a year ago) I had to exchange my Touchstone 3 times until I got one without the ding-dong issue. Totally worth it.

No regrets.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    Quote Originally Posted by tholap View Post
    I had to exchange my Touchstone 3 times until I got one without the ding-dong issue. Totally worth it.

No regrets.
    If you can't readily return your Touchstone (eg my case Australia to USA) the solution in this thread works well.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-solution.html
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123