Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'm over in Cambridge, MA on business for a few days, and forgot to pack any kind of charger for the Pre - d'oh!

Wandered down to Radio Shack on Massachusetts Ave this morning and picked up a spare Touchstone for $7.87

Now I'll have one for home & office. Wish I didn't have to put a business card between the Pre and the Dock though.
    Quote Originally Posted by protofa View Post
    if you'll want to take advantage of the 'exhibition' feature of webos 2.0, then you'll want to have a touchstone.
    What does the "exhibition" feature do?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    R there any extended battery back cases that r touch stone compatible? I have to use an extended battery, and so hav'nt thought a touchstone was worth it till I had compatible backs.
  4. rs1
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by be_works_us View Post
    Is it a default that all of you have it more than two, and there is?
    I think so. It's so convenient, once you've tried it you just want more! Just plunk it on the charger at home, in the car, at work, etc. Way easier than having to pry open that plastic flap every time you need to charge, and with the Pre, you do have to charge very frequently.
    I recently got an epic4g and I REALLLLLLLLY miss my T/S
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Does the Pre 2 come with the touchstone back cover already installed, or do you have to go out and buy one?
    Australian Apple fan
    Wannabe webOS developer, Multimedia designer & UI designer

I have some app ideas, but really need to get a better handle of how this jscript stuff works!
    I have four.
    Quote Originally Posted by mickykitsune View Post
    Does the Pre 2 come with the touchstone back cover already installed, or do you have to go out and buy one?
    From what I have heard, it comes with the TS back cover.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Quote Originally Posted by mickykitsune View Post
    From the Pre2 manual's specifications

Back cover Compatible with the TouchstoneTM charging dock (sold separately)
    I just purchased my 2nd one for work
    Quote Originally Posted by rs1 View Post
    I think so. It's so convenient, once you've tried it you just want more! Just plunk it on the charger at home, in the car, at work, etc. Way easier than having to pry open that plastic flap every time you need to charge, and with the Pre, you do have to charge very frequently.
    I was able to make up my mind to get more Touchstone.
    Quote Originally Posted by jalb View Post
    I am thinking it might make a nice dock for at work.
    I wouldn't say it is a must have I guess it is up to the individual. I myself don't use one but that is my choice!!
    I was holding off but found them for around 15 bucks. Love it now so glad I have it.
    In todays age there is always somewhere to plug your phone into such as a pc or simply into the wall!!
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    How do you put it in a car? Do they make a special car one?
    how exactly do they work? sorry for the noob question
    There's a whole thread in the Pre Accessories forum about this, featuring photos of people's cool installations. I cheated slightly, and had it wired to my car's electrical system when I had the stereo further upgraded a couple of months ago ... Now my car is lots of fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by ckochinsky125 View Post
    how exactly do they work? sorry for the noob question
    They use induction, the generation of a current by placing a conductor in a changing magnetic field. A magnetic field generated by a coil in the Touchstone base interacts with a coil in the special back-cover to provide a charging current for the Pre. The same principle is used in many cordless electric toothbrushes.
    Quote Originally Posted by jalb View Post
    How do you put it in a car? Do they make a special car one?
    I didn't do anything fancy. I bought a GPS Dashmount disk so the touchstone wouldn't slide around my dash and a Palm car charger. Works great.
    You could also use a brodit proclip mount and some industrial tape to attach the touchstone to the mount.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast