1.    #1  
    I can't Doctor my Pre (Doctor stops at different percentages, phone disconnects from pc, etc).

If I formatted the hard drive on my Pre...is there a way to get the OS files back on there without Doctoring?
    No, I don't think so.

There is a thread dealing with fixes for when the Doctor stops like that, have you tried them?
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    if you "format" the device, you would only be formatting the USB partition, and not the webOS partition.

Follow the steps in the post above for recovery mode, and post back if it doesn't work.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    Put the phone in recovery mode and try again.

Prior to doing that - reboot computer & phone.

Good luck.

Steps for recovery mode: *
    1. *Plug the USB cable to the charger, charger inserted.
    2. *Remove the battery from the Pre.
    3. *Hold down the up volume button off to the side.
    4. *Put the battery back into the Pre.
    5. *Insert the USB cable to the Pre. (should see a large USB logo on the screen)
    6. *Can release the up volume button now.
    7. *Run the webOS doctor from palm.com/rom.*
    8. *Plug the USB cable to the PC and Pre when the webOS doctor prompts for it.
    9. *Hit next when given the option and let it do its magic.
    Lets see how that fairs.*
    Steps 5 and 8 appear to contradict each other...
    Skip step 5
  6.    #6  
    Holy crap it worked!

It didn't work any of the dozen times I tried it before, or the 5 times I tried it while talking to a Palm rep...I guess a couple planets decided to align today.

Thanks!
  7.    #7  
    Unfortunately, my profile wasn't very recent apparently...awkward.
    Quote Originally Posted by callmechewy View Post
    Unfortunately, my profile wasn't very recent apparently...awkward.
    Actually, not so awkward. Backup hasn't worked on the Pre for at least a couple months now (longer for some).
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Actually, not so awkward. Backup hasn't worked on the Pre for at least a couple months now (longer for some).
    Actually, mine works every day...although I have read that it doesn't work for everyone.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Don't make blanket statements that aren't valid. Every single pre i've owned has been backed up daily (automatically mind you) and doctored weekly (runs incredibly smooth and i'm willing to sacrifice and hour a week.)

Every single time, every single bit of my information is returned.
  11.    #11  
    Odd...my launcher pages aren't saving after a reboot. I'll move icons to different pages, restart, and all the one's i've moved reset to the first page. Anyone else run into this issue before?