1.    #1  
    The phone it self works, i mean its on, but the screen it not lighting up!
    so even if someone calls I do not know what is going on!
    HELP!
    today is my birthday and this happened!
    Happy Birthday! Did you try shutting down the phone and resetting the battery?
    Quote Originally Posted by youjkim View Post
    The phone it self works, i mean its on, but the screen it not lighting up!
    so even if someone calls I do not know what is going on!
    HELP!
    today is my birthday and this happened!
    Do you have a screen protector on? If yes try without.
    I had this happen once. After all the obvious trouble shooting, I was on the phone with VZW to get another one. Just as they answered, it started working again. The only think I can think of is that they battery had been out of the phone for 5 or 10 minutes while I looked up the number and navigated the voice prompts. Everything else I did was switching batteries and turning it on instantly, restarting the phone, connecting to chargers, etc.

Once it came back on, I politely hung up and it hasn't ever done it again.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks!
    Um so I went to the service store and all of the sudden it started working.
    but this morning it happened again! :S
    I have no idea whats wrong
    This has happened to me multiple times on different Pres I've had to exchange.

Like you said, the problem seems to go away by itself, especially when you most need to show it off (on occasions such as when you're in the store to show off the problem). During daily use I found that I was able to eventually get it back on by opening/closing the slider multiple times ('multiple' could vary from 5 times to 50 times). Not quite sure why it worked, just know that it did.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Do you have a screen protector on? If yes try without.
    Why would a screen protector have anything to do with the screen staying black? Sounds like a software issue to me!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by shabby71 View Post
    Why would a screen protector have anything to do with the screen staying black? Sounds like a software issue to me!!!
    Sounds funny I know. Reason I mentioned this is the proximity sensor.
    If covered it will dim the screen like you holding it on your ear.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Sounds funny I know. Reason I mentioned this is the proximity sensor.
    If covered it will dim the screen like you holding it on your ear.
    Just wondering because I have had both Invisible shield and currently an Ishieldz on my phone and never an issue!!
    I also had this happen - it happened during a call and then when the call ended it would not work. I was able to answer calls and I called VZW and they suggested pulling battery and it worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    I also had this happen - it happened during a call and then when the call ended it would not work. I was able to answer calls and I called VZW and they suggested pulling battery and it worked.
    Like I said it sounds like a software glitch.
    we had reports of it in the past. I have a protector too without any prop.
    Proximity Sensor is going bad. I got 3 Pre's for the family and my wife's had the same problem. Her's started after she'd get a call, the sensor that turns off the touch screen so you don't inadvertently hit keys while you have the phone to your ear would turn off the screen, then not turn it back on when the call ended. She couldn't end the call manually (no screen) but even after the call timed out, the screen was dead so she couldn't answer any new calls. She'd have to pop the battery and reset to get it back. It's a warranty issue that is apparently well known (Sprint Tech knew exactly what it was when we took it in).
    Quote Originally Posted by bluerdg View Post
    Proximity Sensor is going bad. I got 3 Pre's for the family and my wife's had the same problem. Her's started after she'd get a call, the sensor that turns off the touch screen so you don't inadvertently hit keys while you have the phone to your ear would turn off the screen, then not turn it back on when the call ended. She couldn't end the call manually (no screen) but even after the call timed out, the screen was dead so she couldn't answer any new calls. She'd have to pop the battery and reset to get it back. It's a warranty issue that is apparently well known (Sprint Tech knew exactly what it was when we took it in).
    Best thing to do is google the problem and if there is an issue it will show up!!