Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hi Rod,

I'm a little confused. Please bear with me. Initially, both the US Pre2 and UK Pre Plus were activated in their respective country. Then I take out the US Pre2 comm board and install with a UK Pre Plus comm board. After the comm board swap, does the US Pre2 gets recognised as a UK Pre2 instantly and have access to US catalog or UK catalog?

Your statement seems to imply that it's going to be a UK catalog as the IMEI is hardcoded into the comm board and this comm board was first activated in the UK before transplanting on the US Pre2.

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    What I mean is that app catalog access is based on the country of first activation of the MEID/IMEI which is burned into the comms board.

Subsequent activations do not change that, no matter what device the comms board may be swapped into.

-- Rod
    Last edited by mozzilla; 12/09/2010 at 04:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mozzilla View Post
    Hi Rod,

I'm a little confused. Please bear with me. Initially, both the US Pre2 and UK Pre Plus were activated in their respective country. Then I take out the US Pre2 comm board and install with a UK Pre Plus comm board. After the comm board swap, does the US Pre2 gets recognised as a UK Pre2 instantly and have access to UK catalog or UK catalog?
    Access to the app catalog depends on the country of first activation of the comms board.

If you have activated a comms board in the UK, then it has access to the UK app catalog, regardless of what device it is in.

So if you put it in a Pre 2, regardless of where that Pre 2 came from, the comms board that was first activated in the UK will cause the Pre 2 to have access to the UK app catalog. To doubly ensure things are right, you should change the DMMODEL from P102UNA to P102UEU (since that is what it will be at that point) and run the 2.0.1 webOS Doctor on it again.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Hi Rod,

You are the man! How do u change the DMMODEL? Through webos doctoring?

Access to the app catalog depends on the country of first activation of the comms board.

If you have activated a comms board in the UK, then it has access to the UK app catalog, regardless of what device it is in.

So if you put it in a Pre 2, regardless of where that Pre 2 came from, the comms board that was first activated in the UK will cause the Pre 2 to have access to the UK app catalog. To doubly ensure things are right, you should change the DMMODEL from P102UNA to P102UEU (since that is what it will be at that point) and run the 2.0.1 webOS Doctor on it again.

-- Rod
    Hi Rod,

You are the man! How do u change the DMMODEL? Through webos doctoring?
    See the threads on Sprint Pre+ comms board swaps. The procedure for changing tokens is there.

-- Rod
    Thanks Rod. Point noted. Hopefully this works out once I get hold of the Pre2.

See the threads on Sprint Pre+ comms board swaps. The procedure for changing tokens is there.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Rod,

I'm holding the UK O2 Pre Plus now. Thinking of buying the US Pre2 (cheaper than UK) and swapped the comm board and radio from the Pre Plus to the Pre2. Would that be feasible? I think I may have to doctor it subsequently to ensure that it receiving the right OTA updates.
    Hi, I have a UK Palm Pre & an AT&T Pre Plus.

I am having the same 3G problem using my Pre Plus in the UK.

Will the comms board from the Pre work/fit in the Pre Plus?
    Quote Originally Posted by dazr87 View Post
    Hi, I have a UK Palm Pre & an AT&T Pre Plus.

I am having the same 3G problem using my Pre Plus in the UK.

Will the comms board from the Pre work/fit in the Pre Plus?
    Yes.

-- Rod
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12