Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Thoughts on HP doing a seperate event ala Apple or Lebron James to announce specific dates/timeline for all webOS phones planned to be released in 2011.

I thinkk this should take place one week after CES so they are stand-alone rather than a commodity vendor at CES. Maybe they can make CES about their tablets and other products and state they will have this independent event the following week discussing release dates and the next generation of webOS smartphones. Thoughts
    NO.
    no, no, no ad infinitum.

what a crazy idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    no, no, no ad infinitum.

what a crazy idea.
    ad infinitum +1
    Last edited by NachoB; 12/20/2010 at 08:43 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    absolutely not, they should steal the show...
    Don't be ridiculous. One weer before.
    Champagne, fireworks, a toaster.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    hahaha
    somebody missed the mark!

Now I would say it would be sweet if they dropped 2.0 the week before and dropped the release date of new products during CES....

That kind of 1-2 punch combo would be awesome!
    Last edited by H Cubed; 12/04/2010 at 08:18 AM.
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    If palm wants there own show. You do it in the summer. They are going to need 2 really big shows a year.

Release stuff January and July. And keep the buzz year round with new products.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    no, no, no ad infinitum.

what a crazy idea.
    hahaha
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Rush a new picture everyday hmmm? lol
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    They do all ready have dev days. How many r in attendance to those? A dev conference that is also an announcement event, u want to pack the place out with devs and media. +live stream would be a bonus. Does webos have that kind of support anymore?
    well motorola is gonna be putting on quite a show at ces, with announcements of 4G devices and tablets.

vzw will be announcing 4G devices. Doubt they will announce they will be releasing the iphone at ces, but that announcement will come soon. Apple likes attention to itself.

palm...they will be announcing that new devices will be coming soon, but this time they may be a little more specific. They will likely also announce their carriers and any new big name apps that are expected. However, I don't expect them to put on a big show. Like I said in another post, mobile world congress is their next big stage. We will probably see hp make a big push for their tabs and phones, but likely in the middle of the year.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    well motorola is gonna be putting on quite a show at ces, with announcements of 4G devices and tablets.

vzw will be announcing 4G devices. Doubt they will announce they will be releasing the iphone at ces, but that announcement will come soon. Apple likes attention to itself.

palm...they will be announcing that new devices will be coming soon, but this time they may be a little more specific. They will likely also announce their carriers and any new big name apps that are expected. However, I don't expect them to put on a big show. Like I said in another post, mobile world congress is their next big stage. We will probably see hp make a big push for their tabs and phones, but likely in the middle of the year.
    This is along the lines of my point. There is rumored and confirmed to be many device makers, etc making BIG splashes at CES with many projects, which I think could make HP announcements of what we want (phones) just 1of many, which crowds the headlines.

Again, make a splash with maybe the webOS 2. whatever, PalmPad, carriers, etc, a glimps of the phone devices (like Google's Schmidts did with Nexus S)then do a huge all about HP devices (mainly smartphones) event to immediately follow CES where there are tons of developers, media, carriers reps, etc.

Thinks all for your thoughts
    NO! One week before might help bring more hype and excitement at CES.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Palm has gotten a private conference room (just like they have the last 2 years) so there is a good chance we will see something new from them there. I would prefer for them to go big with it, but heck, what do I know...
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    Palm has gotten a private conference room (just like they have the last 2 years) so there is a good chance we will see something new from them there. I would prefer for them to go big with it, but heck, what do I know...
    I would love for them to do something huge like rent out Carnegie Hall for a launch. But, it would be really embarrassing if they couldn't fill the place up. They do this at shows like CES because the industry press and pundits are already there...
    NO, Palm/HP is not Apple and if they do their own event, not all the press would assist. In the other hand, the CES is the event where ALL the press go.
    Why wait a week after? That's like an company waiting to run their ad one week after the Super Bowl. There's no need to wait, they need to show what they have while everyone is watching, and expecting something great.

Announcing something a week later wont have the same effect.
    always hoped they would announce a new phone with a big screen, big battery, and big keyboard (virtual is ok) at the 2011 ces show. now i've come to realize that a tablet will pique developer interest far more than any new phone ever would, cause imo hp has a better chance to sell a significant amount of tablets than phones.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast