Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If they bring something new and dramatic (and that can be on sale within the next 2-3 months), then CES is the perfect opportunity. On the other hand, if what they're bringing is not quite on par with the rest of the market, then they shouldn't embarrass themselves.

If they bring anything new at all, the Palm faithful will rave, but Palm needs to bring something dramatic to recapture the buzz. At least that's the way I see it.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  2. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Early seems like it would be good --- IF they have something for folks to buzz about. Without question --- everyday HP/Palm waits, the further they get behind in the smartphone business. I think the Palm Nation is getting smaller . . . I know I'm waiting until CES, but if the next release is to wait until summer for hardware, I'm gone. this first day Pre is on its last leg.
    Lol no they need to do it at CES while everyone is listening.
    I think they should wait until the coming months after CES before announcing anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    I think they should wait until the coming months after CES before announcing anything.
    YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!, sir........are the winner.......BY FAR!!!!!!!!!!!
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  6.    #26  
    I guess we shall see what CES brings us from HP. Whatever it is (I hope its BIG if this is the route), I hope they follow up after CES with more juicy info they hold back from CES, that allows them to be the focus.

Of course, I hope the rollout of the promised devices start within 1 month after CES.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    NO! One week before might help bring more hype and excitement at CES.
    Anything before CES is a bad idea because it immediately gets forgotten once CES starts.
  8. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    I believe HP's smart folks are laying low with any info in order to re-establish a very fragile image. They know they have to make a statement and impact this time. It will be interest in hearing/seeing when they make their move. As impatient as I've become, I'm hopeful that by MAR 11 we have hardware (new smartphone and tablet) to expand our communications desires! I'm traveling right now and 99% of what I'm doing could be accomplished via tablet . . but here I sit on a laptop instead

Wonder if the MASKED PALM MAN is readying his next video???

Merry Christmas !
    CES 2011 is the perfect storm of opportunity + anticipation....HP/Palm would be foolish not to take advantage of it...
    I love palm but enough is enough. The webos community has waited and supported for ages by tech standards. If I was in the position to switch I would cut palm loose. Then once they have 0 support maybe they will be a little more open about whats in the works.
    I don't care when they do it. I'm just tired of all the conjecture.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12