Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    in the words of Miss Emily Litella "NEVERMIND!" ... phone is working as it was designed...
    Last edited by gilcarvr; 12/11/2010 at 03:20 AM. Reason: solved
    what are you using ti sync between desktop and pre?
    I tried doing it manually with my dad's b-day in 1929, using the jump to feature and it stayed, without a problem.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    what are you using ti sync between desktop and pre?
    i'm not yet synching...
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I tried doing it manually with my dad's b-day in 1929, using the jump to feature and it stayed, without a problem.
    when i woke up this am... Dad's birthday in 1936 was AWOL... another birthday in 1936 had become 2010... all my manually entered calendar "events" revert to 2010 when i close then go back to them...

Quote Originally Posted by gilcarvr View Post
    when i woke up this am... Dad's birthday in 1936 was AWOL... another birthday in 1936 had become 2010... all my manually entered calendar "events" revert to 2010 when i close then go back to them...

Odd, mine didn't do that.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I have calendar information going back more than 10 years that I initially synced from the old Palm Desktop. I sync my calendar through Google calendar and back to Palm Desktop using CompanionLink.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    @verwon ... i just figured out what you meant by "jump to" (only had the pre for 2 weeks;>) when i jumped to 12/1/1936 the birthdays I had entered were ther... including the AWOL entry that i neglected to designate with a yearly repeat... ooops

but when i go back to 12/1/2010 then select the birthdays again... they read 12/1/2010 not 1936 ... grrrrrrr

what about yours?

@bevcraw i'm not yet willing to give oogle my info ... nor any other cloud, for that matter... just want it synched between my phone and my laptop... as palm desktop has done for the last 15 years or so... without buying yet another app...

prolly beating a dead horse... but i can't be the only person on the planet who wants some semblance of control of their privacy back... without having to resort to pen and paper communication again...

gilcarvr
    Last edited by gilcarvr; 12/05/2010 at 01:37 PM.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I think this is working as designed.

A repeating event means to have an event for each repeat. In your case, to have an event each year on Dec 1. So if you are looking at the event in any specific year, its going to indicate that year, not the year that the sequence started.

I suspect if you go back to a previous year, say 2001, and looked on 12/1/2001, you would see that particular event entry indicating year 2001.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    you surmised correctly... so I compensated by including the year in the event description... double checked in my centro... same thing occurs

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Last edited by gilcarvr; 12/07/2010 at 08:34 PM.
    Palm IV > Palm Treo 600 > Palm Centro > Palm Pre Plus > Nokia Lumia 920
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    so since this is solved... if i delete the original post does the thread go away?